Heip!!! Trailer guys need some diagnosis/information please!

Had a caliper brake on my '12 Stratos single axle trailer (anyone know what company actually manufactured this trailer for them?) and thought I was going to begin replacement tonight only to find the hole for the bolt on the mounting bracket completely worn out...completely as in enlongated until it broke through the outer edge of the bracket. Thought I remembered reading sometime about someone removing and "flipping" the axle making the left side the right and vice versa thus creating two "new" mounting holes at the rear of the mounting brackets...I'm I crazy thinking something like that would work? Appreciate any expert thoughts on what to do with my messed up situation! Thanks in advance!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You may be able to just rotate the 90 or 180 degrees to put the good holes in the right positions.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    You may be able to just rotate the 90 or 180 degrees to put the good holes in the right positions.
    I was under the assumption that the bracket is welded to, and part of, the axle assembly...am I wrong?

4. Member
    Or duh, were you referring to caliper itself?

5. Member
    Ranger made Stratos in their Flippin factory in 2012. They did not make the trailers but had them at the factory.Give them a call they might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Or duh, were you referring to caliper itself?
    If your axle flange has 4 holes with one of them worn out and your caliper only needs 2 holes, then you do as Catfan suggested and rotate the axle until you have 2 good holes to mount the caliper.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    I was under the assumption that the bracket is welded to, and part of, the axle assembly...am I wrong?
    If you are talking about a welded bracket to mount the axle to the trailer, you may be talking about a torsion axle. Just change the trailing arm if that is the case.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Flipping the axle would work. You would have to change the position of the other caliper as well. You will have to remove the break line and mount it to the opposite side of the axle.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

9. Member
    just move caliper to rear on both sides, or to the front if they are now mounted on the rear side of the axle.