Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bow Roller Replacement - 2011 Ranger Trail Trailer

The bow roller has become deformed & doesn’t rotate much so I’m going to replace it w/ an OEM SeaSense roller from Ranger (or a 3rd party vendor etc). I looked around @ other brand options (Stolz etc) but they all seem to come with various cons & pros from the guys who tried them. Bottom line - I know the SeaSense works so that's what I'm going to go with.

So that said: what sort of job can I expect ? I’d like to do the job @ the local lake - put the boat the water and do the repair. My concern is with the roller as deformed as it is it could be a mofo to get off / work on. I’m prepared to bring my big hammer, mallet, ratchets and wrenches - I just don’t want to get the job done half way & get stuck @ the lake . Maybe a safer bet to do it @ the house ? Any words of advice ?

Thanks!
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

Do yourself a favor and get a hold of Drewtek on the Phoenix boards. He got me hooked up with a roller for my Charger. It loads and unloads better than ever!!

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Im always around here somwhere

and happy to help you with a Stoltz
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Thanks Guys ... so Drewytick - would you happen to have a Stoltz Part # for my 2011 Ranger Trailer trailer ? I doubt it makes a difference but it's a dual. Also do you suggest replacing the entire roller assembly or just the middle roller ? The OEM SeaSense roller comes in three parts - two wing rollers and the center roller and there are growing "gaps" between the mid roller and side rollers <-- one of the reasons it needs to be replaced - bow eyelet occasionally slips into these gaps when loading.

With the Stolz will there be gaps if I keep the original SeaSense wing rollers ?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    Thanks Guys ... so Drewytick - would you happen to have a Stoltz Part # for my 2011 Ranger Trailer trailer ? I doubt it makes a difference but it's a dual. Also do you suggest replacing the entire roller assembly or just the middle roller ? The OEM SeaSense roller comes in three parts - two wing rollers and the center roller and there are growing "gaps" between the mid roller and side rollers <-- one of the reasons it needs to be replaced - bow eyelet occasionally slips into these gaps when loading.

With the Stolz will there be gaps if I keep the original SeaSense wing rollers ?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense.
    can you post a picture of what you have or email it to andy@drew-tek.com, or I can PM you ,my number and you can text the pictures
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member

So these may be too small for you to properly identify / suggest the correct Stoltz product .. if that's the case I could email the pics to you.

Note: I just realized that the rounded outer rollers aren't what come from the factory ... someone swapped them @ some point. I'm the 2nd owner.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    looks like you could use the bell caps on the ends,
    I dont have the caps like you have pictured but I can get some if you prefer that style but it looks like you have enough V for these
    info@drewcraft.com

8. mikesxpress
    I have been down this road!!!
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 06-23-2018 at 06:32 AM.

9. mikesxpress
    Mark the Ranger's are tough on bow rollers. Just the weight of these pigs deform the roller and they quit turning. I went thru 3 different ones on mine till I put a Stoltz on. 3" ULT-336 Assembly which includes the end bells and fits the contour of the bow perfectly.
    Tips: Once you remove the old roller you may find the areas on the metal the roller needs to turn against buggered up. File those flat and repaint. Add some synthetic grease to the bolt and all contact areas then just barely snug it down.

No issues since. Much harder material that doesn't mark. I added a 3/8" diameter QuickLink to the bow eye which keeps the winch hook from digging into the roller and that solved everything.
    *You also see my hook from a bow mounted Boat Buckle that keeps the bow pulled down tight which helps allot with road bow bounce.

Last edited by mikesxpress; 06-23-2018 at 06:30 AM.

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Im stocking most all of the stoltz rollers now and can mix and match end caps and rollers to best suit each application.
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Im stocking most all of the stoltz rollers now and can mix and match end caps and rollers to best suit each application.
    would i need the 3in or 4in for my 520vx ranger
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

12. Member
    Should be the 3".
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

13. mikesxpress
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    Stoltz Ind. poly roller. Made to be longer lasting and non-marking.

Center roller 2.75" to fit in 3" bracket. Bells 1.5" x 4.25"

Bolt and nut included.

http://shop.mrtrailerco.com/stoltz-ult-336-roller/

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Bolt and nut included.

OK I wil Measure my bracket and I go on your site and order one up thanks for all the help
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

15. Member
    Thanks for all the great info Drewtick and I was really hoping to hear from someone who put a Stoltz on a Ranger - so thanks Mikesxpress . Sounds like the STOLTZ ULT-336 ROLLER is the right one for my 2011 Ranger Trailer trailer ... I'm just hoping I can get that old beat up Seasense off with a little pulling & hammering :)

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    Thanks for all the great info Drewtick and I was really hoping to hear from someone who put a Stoltz on a Ranger - so thanks Mikesxpress . Sounds like the STOLTZ ULT-336 ROLLER is the right one for my 2011 Ranger Trailer trailer ... I'm just hoping I can get that old beat up Seasense off with a little pulling & hammering :)
    I have those ult-336 also
    info@drewcraft.com

I added a 3/8" diameter QuickLink to the bow eye which keeps the winch hook from digging into the roller and that solved everything.

I like your idea of adding the quick link. Curious, do you remove it each time you launch or leave it attached to the boat? If you leave it attached to the boat does it scratch up the gel coat around the bow eye? If you take it off is it a pain to fiddle with whenever you're launching/retrieving by yourself?
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

18. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    I like your idea of adding the quick link. Curious, do you remove it each time you launch or leave it attached to the boat? If you leave it attached to the boat does it scratch up the gel coat around the bow eye? If you take it off is it a pain to fiddle with whenever you're launching/retrieving by yourself?
    I leave it attached to the bow eye. It's been on there for 2 years and as you can see, no marks. And no you don't hear it banging around either.
    Being retired and living a few minutes from the ramp, I fish 2-4 days per week all year except during deer season. So I have over twice the average loads/unloads as you working guys.

That link allows the strap hook to stay in front of the roller VS on the roller. That hook does most of the roller damage on a Ranger trailer.

19. Member
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Bolt and nut included.

What is the difference between the ult-336 and the ult-3? They both look the same, but a big difference in price.

John

20. mikesxpress
    ULT-336 is the complete assembly with roller, end bells, and bolt/nut as stated above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast