Thread: 93 sv questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I saw a video where the guy was explaining the SideView, and I don't know how true it is but he said when using the side view you have to remember - when looking at the sideview, and it is set at 50 feet and you are in 10 feet of water it actually only shows 40 feet to the side. You subtract the depth from the side distance, if that makes any sense. So where you had 23 feet to the side showing and you were in about 8 feet of water, you were actually only seeing to the side about 15 or 16 feet. I started using his rule of thumb setting mine and it has helped me for what ever reason.....

There is a lot to learn with these for sure.....

2. Member
    Malarkey. 2d and SI transducers show the actual distance from the transducer to the object displayed. What is probably being referred to is that the horizontal distance would be less than the angled distance. Subtracting the depth is not a rule of thumb that can be used. You have no way of determining the depth of a fish by where it is located on the screen. Three fish at different depths but 35 ft away would show almost on top of each other on the screen. This is one of the reasons for the success of LiveScope. It's different.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    This guy explains it better than Garmin ever did. Like I said, I don't know how true it is but nobody has done a better job of it that I have seen. I know the areas I fish, and when using this it is right on it. It was posted to try and explain why the guy couldn't see the dock pilings with the settings he was using, nothing to do with fish.....

4. Member
    In my opinion the CV52 on Echomap plus units was always useless for us, we had two 9 inch units and both were awful, messed with all settings and I’d say I’m pretty tech savvy. Went to Lowrance carbons and was blown away with the difference.

sold that boat.

now I have an hbird 1199 and it’s still worlds above the Echomap plus. Just my opinion but think you have to really not be picky to be happy with SI on those units and DI....

the 2D was always nice

5. Member
    Well, Garmin really rose to the occasion. I called their support, pointed their support person to this thread, he suggested sending out a new transducer, as he felt mine might be bad, and wow, what a difference. Where there was once nothing I can now see all sorts of stuff, same lake. Bass beds show on the right, the weedline along the shore to the left!! Thanks all that took the time to help me out. I'm a very happy Garmin customer. 20200819_075144_edited-1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12