Banned

starting to see garmin units

Starting to see Garmin units for sale on the here. Some of these units are old and people act like they just came out.. I know people can ask what they want but if you want to sell it price it to sell. I am going to seel mine soon but will wait till I see more people using livescope and there thoughts.

I’m keeping my 93 SV’s and will be adding a 93SV plus model to the bow for live Scope. Then take my ps22 and add it to the stern. I agree about what folks are asking for a used unit.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Banned
    how do you like the 93sv? I am thinking about getting the 93sv plus but have never seen one. I have the 1040xs and like but it's old and will not do livescope.

4. Member
    I have talked myself out of upgrading. My system is tuned to what exactly I want. Find fish asap. Lots of the older equipment going on sale now. Guys wanting to upgrade asap. I took a deep breathe reflected on it and determined to keep what I got.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    how do you like the 93sv? I am thinking about getting the 93sv plus but have never seen one. I have the 1040xs and like but it's old and will not do livescope.
    The 93SV is a fantastic unit. Easy to use and adjust.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    I am with you on this. Two 1040s a 741, gt30,ps30,ps21,gt22. That’s enough. My only disappointment with this system has really been my ps30. I wanted it for vertical jigging but just doesn’t work that well with small lures or fish close to the bottom. Sometimes I wonder if I could have a bad ps30 from what others have said but how would I really know without another one to compare it to? Has anybody had any experience with this? Garmin warranty/replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    I have talked myself out of upgrading. My system is tuned to what exactly I want. Find fish asap. Lots of the older equipment going on sale now. Guys wanting to upgrade asap. I took a deep breathe reflected on it and determined to keep what I got.

7. Member
    Maybe I should check with Garmin in this. My ps21 markets lures much better than my ps30. My ps30 has always been like this but is rolling up on a year old maybe could still warranty it?

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    I am with you on this. Two 1040s a 741, gt30,ps30,ps21,gt22. That’s enough. My only disappointment with this system has really been my ps30. I wanted it for vertical jigging but just doesn’t work that well with small lures or fish close to the bottom. Sometimes I wonder if I could have a bad ps30 from what others have said but how would I really know without another one to compare it to? Has anybody had any experience with this? Garmin warranty/replacement?

8. Banned
    I sent my GT30 in under warranty. It just did not seem right but had nothing to compare it to also. Garmin fixed me up with a new under warranty. Works great

9. Member
    Your gt30 was bad right from new or went bad? I suppose they must have some way to test these things at Garmin?

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    I sent my GT30 in under warranty. It just did not seem right but had nothing to compare it to also. Garmin fixed me up with a new under warranty. Works great

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Your gt30 was bad right from new or went bad? I suppose they must have some way to test these things at Garmin?
    It went bad and they sent me a new one. I guess they do have soe way to test them.