How often to update map/chart cards?

Boat has been down and off the water for a couple of years, realized my HotMaps Platinum east card expired Fall of 2015.

So am I to understand that there is no way to update it now, they make you get a new one with again only 1 year of updates before paying again?

What might have changed over a 3 year span, any good reason to update it vs just use it with 3 year old data?

Thanks
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    Problem I ran into is the new units take micro cards and my cards are the standard size cards. I thought about just copying my old cards to micro cards but everything I read says that won’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Boat has been down and off the water for a couple of years, realized my HotMaps Platinum east card expired Fall of 2015.

So am I to understand that there is no way to update it now, they make you get a new one with again only 1 year of updates before paying again?

What might have changed over a 3 year span, any good reason to update it vs just use it with 3 year old data?

Thanks
    Yes, you can re-subscribe to Freshest Data with a $99 renewal with the Chart Installer software on your computer. Same software you used to do updates before. The Freshest Data updates have been a feature since mid-2010 when Navionics stopped producing annual editions. A new purchase includes a year of Freshest Data updates and you can keep on renewing annually as long as the map card has the capacity to hold the current data.

I check the Navionics website's Chart Viewer for the waters I fish. If I see any changes, I do an update.

I also participate in the Sonar Charts program and upload recordings to their site to be processed as HD mapping. I do the same with that data. When I see my data applied, I do an update.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

BTW, there is a Navionics sticky topic in the Lowrance and Humminbird forums.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    I fish natural inland lakes so rarely update. Once the crews have gone through and done their mapping, nothing significant changes. Now, a man made lake on a river system would be a different story.

6. Member
    TY, appreciate it. I saw the stickies, just looking for clarification.

I posted over there, may as well ask here too. With networking, can the chart card be installed on one unit and utilized by the others? Not sure how necessary this is anyhow. I have a v14 Lake Insight Pro card too, figure I could use it at the bow and the updated HotMaps at the console?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp