Tracker PT 195 TXW engine options.

On Trackers web site this model is offered with an option for the Mercury 150 opti and the 150 four stroke. I am not sure about the weight of the opti but the four stroke comes in at 455 lbs. My question is would an additional 50 lbs hung on the transom make a significant change to safety or performance ? I have the come across a new 2017 PT 195 with no motor and possibly a great deal on a lightly used Etec-G2 150 which tips the scales at 507 lbs. Just looking at pic's of this boat it certainly appears bow proud as it is.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The Mercury 150 Optimax weighs 431 dry weight. The G2 Etec weighs somewhere between 497-512. The boats do seem to sit a little bow high sitting in the water but start adding what’s going to be in there... how many batteries? 12/24/36volt tm? That’s anywhere from 1-3 batteries plus your cranking battery. A power pole would add...what 25 pounds? A talon about 50? Pumps, wires, plumbing, etc.

Personally I wouldn’t sweat the G2 Etec but I would think you would have to really utilize your space and keep your weight as balanced as possible.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

If you want an etec that bad then i would be looking at another boat. I think the transom is rated for 460-475 lbs on these hulls so you will be over i personally wouldnt go there. Plus you will pay a premium getting one with evinrude controls since all tracker boats are rigged factory with merc controls and harness. Just get the pro xs 4 stroke IMO.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    If you want an etec that bad then i would be looking at another boat. I think the transom is rated for 460-475 lbs on these hulls so you will be over i personally wouldnt go there. Plus you will pay a premium getting one with evinrude controls since all tracker boats are rigged factory with merc controls and harness. Just get the pro xs 4 stroke IMO.
    My thoughts to

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Yes, agreed. Certainly not worth the effort and expense to change wiring and controls for the G2. I'll just get the Merc pro xs 150. Thanks for the input.