Ruined Tracker????

Hey folks, messed up big time...... I recently purchased a used pro 170 from a neighbor that had a dirty water line all along the sides and back. A co-worker swore by toon brite so I tried it out yesterday. On the instructions it says for heavy discoloration use full strength.... i should have read up on the product before using... So upon trying to spray the chemical off the boat, i realized what happend, it turned by boat almost white along the spots i sprayed!!! Is there anything i can do to fix this? will it fade over time?

2. Member
    Call whoever makes toon brite..

It ain't ruined.... just take it to the lake and fish!

I've used sharkhide aluminum cleaner on my tracker with excellent results. If you want to add protectant after you clean - they also make an aluminum protectant.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

Not a problem just gonna take some elbow grease . Get plenty of clean rags and some metal polish I use Meguiars #93 Marine metal polish or Meguiars M180406 flagship metal polish other companies make similar products for aluminum. Apply according to the instructions on the can and the white will be gone.
    Last edited by bassbama; 06-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.

5. Member
    Get it wrapped with something cool.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

6. Member
    Haven't washed my boat since I bought it in 2012. The fish catching hasn't slowed down, gets used every weekend, plenty dirty. My advice is go fishing, it will make you feel better.

Yep the white will come off, I use White Diamond metal polish, hard work but it will shine again...

8. Member
    Thanks for the info and tips guys! One more question, should I go ahead and spray the rest of the boat if I'm going to "buff" it to get a uniform finish?

Only if you still have a scum line. But dilute 50/50

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Only if you still have a scum line. But dilute 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by andrewo1024 View Post
    Thanks for the info and tips guys! One more question, should I go ahead and spray the rest of the boat if I'm going to "buff" it to get a uniform finish?
    If you use the metal polish by hand the section you do will be a little more shiny then the parts that were not touched by the cleaner but usually once back in the water a few times the polished area will usually dull like the rest of the boat. The more you polish the brighter it will get, if you use a buffer it can get to a mirror shine so up to you how bright and how much work you want to do. I would recommend just getting rid of the white areas for now use the boat and at the end of the season consider a full clean and buff remember you are using acid cleaner that is some powerful stuff it can damage your trailer paint and other items if not covered. Your in the prime fishing part of the year go enjoy your new boat and leave the heavy cleaning and regular maintenance for the off or slow season since your in GA.just a suggestion.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    Yep the white will come off, I use White Diamond metal polish, hard work but it will shine again...
    This right here. Gonna take a little elbow grease............