Dogfish_Jones

Has anyone tried this?

Instead of cranking a deep diver on flats to ledges for big bass, maybe throw a large spinnerbait and let in fall to the bottom and work it slowly back to the boat?

2. Member
    You just described “slow rolling” a spinnerbait. People do it all the time and they even sell spinnerbaits for this exact purpose that weigh a whole ounce, or more.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    I knew of slow rolling a spinnerbait but, how do you think it would work on ledge fishing the main channel of a river? Has anyone caught good size bass doing this type method instead of maybe a deep diver or fishing a worm on Texas or Carolina Rig.
    I now either throw a 20+ crankbait or throw a C-rig and crawl it back to the boat but I'm looking for another type method in case those are not whats catching them that day.

You tube- elsalto spinnerbait
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Dogfish_Jones
    I just watch a few You Tube videos on deep spinnerbait fishing, I'll have to give this a try.

6. Banned
    This is ground breaking material !

7. Member
    Ledgebuster spinnerbaits, you can get them up to 1.5oz...I use them on Lake Michigan for smallies. Another thing that you can do is put a 5" swimbait on a 3/4 or ounce swinghead and slow roll it.

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I ordered some Ledgebusters in the 3/4 and 1 oz. size. I'm going to try to fish some humps and ledges this weekend before the crowd gets out on the water.

9. Member
    Ledge, fish them on the fall. Snap it up and let it fall, when it stops on a lip pop it again easy and let it fall.. Large Colorado 7/8 or 1oz
    Try to keep it close to the ledge. Bites will be soft
    Old twin spin that a company out of Michigan made was a killer for this.
    Ky & TN boys bought thousands of them from us just for this. But a spinnerbait will work as well.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 06-13-2018 at 02:34 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I ordered some Ledgebusters in the 3/4 and 1 oz. size. I'm going to try to fish some humps and ledges this weekend before the crowd gets out on the water.
    Ledgebuster quite effective. More effective with a Hildebrandt #6 Colorado blade changed in (change the split ring, too...you'll see why after you catch a few fish.). My go to night searchbait. Many, many quality fish bouncing off rocks, rolling down ledges.
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.