Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Bob's 2nd generation Balanced trolling motor prop nuts - Discount code

You spoke, we listened :

Now all of our trolling motor prop nuts have a centered drilled hole, so in the event your shear pin breaks, you can insert a screwdriver to the shaft and spin off the nut! Exclusive feature to Bobs! Also the only balanced trolling motor prop nut made in USA!

Here is a 15% off discount code for these : BBCJune Will also work on The Big D handle, DeckPlugs & DeckSavers! Valid through the end of the weekend.

https://bobsmachine.com/product/bobs...otor-prop-nut/
    https://bobsmachine.com/product/the-...-motor-handle/
    https://bobsmachine.com/product-cate...k-accessories/

We have also listened as we are getting people asking for yellow, purple, camo, etc etc etc, so we now have a custom color selection, $20 upcharge for any color or pattern we stock. USA Flags, Skulls, Flames, pretty much whatever, just like our jack plates!

Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

2. Member
    Nice, I see pictures on the website pictures still show mostly the version without the hole in it, are you still phasing out old stock or any order be the new version?

Can I trade in my old gen 1 one?

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbass View Post
    I just got one a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to know too.
    2003 Ranger 521VX
    2003 Mercury 250XS S# 0T652530

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Nice, I see pictures on the website pictures still show mostly the version without the hole in it, are you still phasing out old stock or any order be the new version?
    All orders starting today will ship the new style. We just have not updated all photos on our website.

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crashxx View Post
    I just got one a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to know too.

Sorry at this point we dont have any program in place for trade ins, but I'm sure you can sell them on the For Sale board here if you want to upgrade.
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

I had the same question about not getting the second generation one. I ordered it after the Bob's Facebook page said that the new ones would have the hole for accessing the shear pin, yet received one without the hole. I could've waited a couple more weeks to get the new one for the same price I paid for the old one. I love Bob's, but this one didn't feel very good.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I had the same question about not getting the second generation one. I ordered it after the Bob's Facebook page said that the new ones would have the hole for accessing the shear pin, yet received one without the hole. I could've waited a couple more weeks to get the new one for the same price I paid for the old one. I love Bob's, but this one didn't feel very good.
    Sorry for any confusion Drew, our facebook page said it would be coming in the future, it never stated they were ready to ship. In any case, they are now the only style we stock.
    www.bobsmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@BMS View Post
    Sorry for any confusion Drew, our facebook page said it would be coming in the future, it never stated they were ready to ship. In any case, they are now the only style we stock.
    I don't want to argue, but what I saw was actually a response to someone on the post initially announcing them (initial post was March 2nd). That response was 7 weeks ago according to Facebook (which would put it at approximately April 25th) and said "All of our new production has a hole for a screwdriver to go to the slotted shaft." Nothing about coming in the future. I took that to mean that any prop nuts purchased from then on would have the hole. I guess I didn't take into account that the new production might not begin shipping for some time. I purchased around May 9th, at least that's when my card was charged. I may just sell on Facebook and order a new one I suppose. I really like the prop nut, but it wouldn't be fun to try and drill through and hope to hit the shaft should I hit something and break the pin.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

9. Member
    It's ok.....all you guys with gen 1 nuts....I have abused every tm I've ever owned. Broken blades, bent shafts, busted steering gears, busted cables on my Ultrex. Etc. never, ever, have I sheared the pin.

Of course, a drill bit could make the gen 1 functionally the same as the new ones.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Nice!!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Guess I really haven’t noticed much vibration with the stock hex nut that MK uses. Do these really make that much difference?
    Basscat!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Guess I really haven’t noticed much vibration with the stock hex nut that MK uses. Do these really make that much difference?
    That's what I have always wondered, just not willing to spend $50 to find out. Wish there were some conclusive studies to validate it.

13. Member
    Although not Bob's, or Eliminator, this testing of the Hydronut has some objectivity to it.

2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I have an eliminator like most see no difference in noise or performance however much easier to take off prop and looks cool.. for these 2 reasons alone its worth it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I have an eliminator like most see no difference in noise or performance however much easier to take off prop and looks cool.. for these 2 reasons alone its worth it IMO.
    Me too.
    2003 Ranger 521VX
    2003 Mercury 250XS S# 0T652530

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    The only way to eliminate prop noise is to balance and "clean up" the molding flash from the prop. Use an inexpensive lawn mower blade balancing cone. When it's truly balanced, it will be much quieter. Adding mass to the prop shaft is only masking the noise and adding substantial premature wear on the motor and seals.

My 2 cents.

It made a little bit of a difference in mine, but the real reason I wanted it was to be able to get by without carrying a socket in the boat when I end up with fishing line around the prop shaft. I also learned just how many weeds make their way around the prop shaft after installing it and using it, and how hard they can be to get off! Any noise reduction I figured was a bonus, and it is a bonus.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

18. mikesxpress
    So I could get a purple nut with a hole in it for $45.00 + $20.00 + shipping $? Hummm?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    So I could get a purple nut with a hole in it for $45.00 + $20.00 + shipping $? Hummm?
    Better order 2 .

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    -15% with the code :D
    www.bobsmachine.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast