Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Serious challenge to HB with Panoptix Live

Humminbird better have something in the box or Panoptix Live will roll over the top of it. The most interesting development to cause some interest here in a long while.
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

Panoptix live scope looks interesting. It looks more like 360 live, than panoptix live.

3. Member
    Really impressive looking. Can those results be duplicated on the water by your average Joe? That's the question with every innovation by every brand. I'm not in the market to dump my units and spend thousands on all new stuff so I'll wait and see. I'll also spend a little more time lurking on the Garmin forum.

4. Member
    I've already done the math to add LiveScope and an MFD
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

Yeah .... Don't really want to get a Garmin thread started on here, but Humminbird is due to do something to upgrade the 360. It's one product that has remained pretty much unchanged since they introduced it.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

6. Member
    Yes, Bob I agree about not starting a Garmin thread, but Troy might like it. Yes, HB needs to get back on the board with 360. Maybe consumer grade multibeam sonar.
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

I'll give you a pass on the Garmin thing any day of the week John.

8. Member
    It’s almost to much I just installed my 360 and the first time out I lost a lot of fish because I was to busy tinkering and watching the screen than fishing. Time will tell if this Garmin really shows fish as good as the demo does.
    Nitro z21

I think a lot more people are going to be running mixed systems in the future to get the best of what each vendor has to offer. Some already do that.

10. Member
    Humminbird is safe until Garmin knows how to market.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Humminbird is safe until Garmin knows how to market.
    This is a good start

"The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    I think a lot more people are going to be running mixed systems in the future to get the best of what each vendor has to offer. Some already do that.
    I have (2) Onix on the console and a 12” Solix with 360 on the front. I put a 7” Garmin on the bow with Panoptix. I am disappointed in the Panoptix. I would choose the 360 over the Panoptix all day long.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    and I will be one of them soon :)
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

14. Banned
    i sold my 360 just to put panoptix back on the front

15. Banned
    As I recall Panoptix was a big hype before it came out. Then a lot were not that impressed with it. I've seen the Livescope videos, and I think they were done in an aquarium. Need some on the water videos before I'm convinced.

16. Member
    I just purchased my new boat back in March with 2 Solix on it. If this Panoptix Live turns out as good as the demos are showing, and Humminbird doesn't come out with something comparable, I will have a Garmin Panoptix Live on the bow of my boat very soon.

After watching several videos of the Panoptix Live, I can't believe the detail. The "real time" information is absolutely amazing. I love my Solix units, but Garmin hit a home run with Panoptix Live. Well done Garmin.....well done.....

M

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent11 View Post
    As I recall Panoptix was a big hype before it came out. Then a lot were not that impressed with it. I've seen the Livescope videos, and I think they were done in an aquarium. Need some on the water videos before I'm convinced.
    chances are none of them are users, cause people that actually own and use it, love it

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    and I will be one of them soon :)
    I moved to having two brands on board eariler this year and it's been good so far.

19. Member
    That video is the marketing problem. It teaches nothing about the product. The older Panoptix technology remains a mystery to the vast majority of fishermen. Best video I have seen on the PS 22 Panoptix that went into great detail the advantages over a standard fish finder on the ice. If you seen this particular video you would see the shortcomings of Garmin's marketing skills.
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

20. Member
    https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/com.../#post-1761173

Uncut Angling made a video on his own dime. Far and above anything Garmin ever put out. Guys that argued to me that Panoptix was no big deal. Everyone of them changed their mind. After fishing with me in my boat just once.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast