Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    KY29T,
    What a funny post! Yes the new Garmin stuff looks awesome but let's wait and see it in actual use on regular freshwater lakes by regulars who post on here.
    If you are so down on Humminbird maybe you should go ahead and sell what you have and move over to Garmin, I would love to see some of your images.
    Sounds like you would need at least a 9 inch unit, an extra module for the HD transducer, and then $1,500 more for the new Livescope. Starts to add up fast for a single 9 inch unit. Anxious to see more pics and videos.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    KY29T,
    What a funny post! Yes the new Garmin stuff looks awesome but let's wait and see it in actual use on regular freshwater lakes by regulars who post on here.
    If you are so down on Humminbird maybe you should go ahead and sell what you have and move over to Garmin, I would love to see some of your images.
    Sounds like you would need at least a 9 inch unit, an extra module for the HD transducer, and then $1,500 more for the new Livescope. Starts to add up fast for a single 9 inch unit. Anxious to see more pics and videos.
    I think you will find the HB stalwarts on this forum know where my loyalty and interest in sonar imaging lays
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

3. Member
    It's about time something like this rolled out. I like the idea but we'll see how it really works and looks when it gets in the hands of more customers. Guys that fish brush piles and standing timber will probably love it. Personally I don't see it working well for me in the panoptix offering. I fish offshore on the tn river the majority of the year whether it be ledges or shell flats. Fish in those areas are constantly moving around chasing bait. Right off the bat that means I'm having to chase them around aiming the transducer. But I also have to deal with current so I'm spot locked a good chunk of time in those spots which takes aiming the ducer out of the equation.
    A 360 or even 180 offering in live scope would be more beneficial but I'm not sure it's entirely possible to accomplish.

4. Member
    HB has come a long way since they introduced Side Imaging with the 997. Garmin will follow suit with improvements to the Panoptix line of equipment. The Panoptix you see today will be improved and I hope I’m around to see that. And I expect both HB and Lowrance to introduce their own versions of this line of technology. The future looks very promising.

5. Banned
    I will have to see it for myself. I ran Garmin products long enough to tell they aren't what the advertisements show. The Solix and Helix mega I run blows away the garmin units.

I ran panoptix for some time also and could see the benefits BUT the interference from my other units, including a gamin, was insane. After many dollars, and driving my installer nuts, I gave up and went HB. I have zero regrets at this point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234