Summer prop help!?

Driving a Phoenix 920 with a 250XS running a Fury3 25p, runs like scalded ape until it gets hot (I live in Texas so 100+ days with high humidity is summer fishing) then I’m losing my hole shot when Im tournament loaded, partner livewells etc. with just me it’s fine. So here’s my question... should I go to a Fury3 or Fury4 24 or open to any other prop suggestions?? Want my hole shot back in the summer but don’t want to give up all my top end. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Warren

2. Member
    I live in North Austin and just got my 25” pitch Bravo to try going from 26” Bravo on a 721 Phoenix with a 250 Sho . Your prolly going
    To lose some top end with the heat but try to maintain your max rpm for your motor a lot of people have a winter and a summer time props.

Man add me to the list of fury 4 believers. Granted I run a stratos but the Phoenix runs similar. Fury 3 runs great light but load it down and it falls flat and doesn’t carry a load well. Fury 4 has crazy overall lift, jumps out of the hole and runs faster than the fury 3 loaded down.

4. Hagen
    Are all of the pvs holes in your prop open? If they aren't I would start their.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

5. Member
    I also like my fury 4 although it is on a ranger my tempest prop was faster but it blew out on break over and would loose bite on sharp turns at any motor depth. Ordered a 24 fury 4 and it is a good 2.5 mph slower at the same jackplate setting (manual plate) haven't had time to adjust it yet but it never looses bite and hole shot is night and day compared to my tempest. Will all that said this will be my summer prop I'll have to test it in the winter to see which I run then

6. Member
    Fury 4 won't keep your top end on a bird unless you run with 100+ pounds of gear in the bow. What are you rpm's at breakover now in the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by wktriton View Post
    Driving a Phoenix 920 with a 250XS running a Fury3 25p, runs like scalded ape until it gets hot (I live in Texas so 100+ days with high humidity is summer fishing) then I’m losing my hole shot when Im tournament loaded, partner livewells etc. with just me it’s fine. So here’s my question... should I go to a Fury3 or Fury4 24 or open to any other prop suggestions?? Want my hole shot back in the summer but don’t want to give up all my top end. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Warren
    You can not have both in hot humid conditions. You lose about 14% in the summer
    Thank You Leon Pugh