Thread: Fish smart app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Can't figger it out. Says you can xfer Charts, but nothing about xferring a waypoint.
    Says you can import/export navigational data -- waypoints, . You can export these files via email, save to my cloud? , or use an App that is compatible with GPX files.

Then use Humminbird PC to manage the navigational data and save it to an SD card.

So, what I gather is you CAN NOT mark a waypoint on your phone or tablet and xfer it directly to the unit.

Too many steps in between one device to the other for what I wanted to do, and if I remember, Humminbird PC no workie on my ipad?? so now we incorporate another machine in the mix.

So what's so special about this fish smart app other than just looking at maps?
    Software version 3.110 notes:

· FishSmart2.0 Support – FishSmart has beenimproved with a new look, improved chart navigation, and two huge new features:
    o You can now pair your smartphone with yourSOLIX unit to download software updates directly onto internal hard-drive ofthe paired unit’s control head. You can also download software updates foradditional units in your network by downloading files onto an SD card insidethe paired unit. Once you have done that, you simply insert the SD card into yourother unit(s) to update the software.
    o With your phone paired to your SOLIX, you canpurchase and download high definition LakeMaster maps from ChartSelect directlyonto an SD card inserted in control head. LakeMaster maps from ChartSelect canbe purchased via the FishSmart app with or without a ChartSelect account, butwe advise customers to sign-up for a ChartSelect account and link it to yourFishSmart app via the app’s System menu. LakeMaster maps on ChartSelect can befound at www.chartselect.humminbird.com.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Can't figger it out. Says you can xfer Charts, but nothing about xferring a waypoint.
    Says you can import/export navigational data -- waypoints, . You can export these files via email, save to my cloud? , or use an App that is compatible with GPX files.

Then use Humminbird PC to manage the navigational data and save it to an SD card.

So, what I gather is you CAN NOT mark a waypoint on your phone or tablet and xfer it directly to the unit.

Too many steps in between one device to the other for what I wanted to do, and if I remember, Humminbird PC no workie on my ipad?? so now we incorporate another machine in the mix.

So what's so special about this fish smart app other than just looking at maps?
    Software notes from 1.610:

FishSmart 2.0 Support – FishSmart has been improved with a newlook, improved chart navigation, and two huge new features:
    · You can now pair yoursmartphone with your HELIX G2N unit to download software updatesdirectly onto internal hard-drive of the paired unit’s control head. You canalso download software updates for additional units (including original HELIXmodels) in your network by downloading files onto an SD card inside the pairedunit. Once you have done that, you simply insert the SD card into your otherunit(s) to update the software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

So it's basically for the dumb phone crowd. I will use my laptop and a hard copy (SD card) for my updates.
    To "me", a real use for it would be to mark and xfer waypoints via bluetooth. Oh well, moving right along....

Now that I have the FISH SMART app on my ipad, I can't see any contours. Just a blue lake. It shows my map in the map menu. There's no option to choose anything else to make it work that I can see. Under maps - There's an option for additional map "card" and cursor to.

I don't have pay for this thing do I .

So it's basically for the dumb phone crowd. I will use my laptop and a hard copy (SD card) for my updates.
    To "me", a real use for it would be to mark and xfer waypoints via bluetooth. Oh well, moving right along....

Now that I have the FISH SMART app on my ipad, I can't see any contours. Just a blue lake. It shows my map in the map menu. There's no option to choose anything else to make it work that I can see. Under maps - There's an option for additional map "card" and cursor to.

I don't have pay for this thing do I .
    Did you select the map (check mark in the box on the left) that is listed so it is activated and shows the contours?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Banned
    what he said....click on maps at the bottom and select one of your purchased maps

also dont forget to set all of the options

I don't see that Wayne. ?

Optimized-IMG_0752.jpg

8. Banned
    you haven't downloaded it yet. click the button on the right with the down arrow

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I've done that. I thought. I mashed the button and went fishin. Actually left my old lady in charge to mind it. She said it finished and went away.
    Reckon I'll try it again.

Appears it's downloaded. The circle fills up soon as I hit the envelope arrow thingy.

I've done that. I thought. I mashed the button and went fishin. Actually left my old lady in charge to mind it. She said it finished and went away.
    Reckon I'll try it again.
    TB is 645 MB, it isn't going to download in 10 seconds.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne, look again at what you quoted me. I was gone fishin for longer than 10 seconds.

this is what it looks like now. Is it done? Is it still loading?

Optimized-IMG-0753.jpg

14. Banned
    that shows is as not complete. the square button means 'stop the download'. if it was complete that would not be there. it appears it got stuck. it won't download if your phone went to sleep. which im sure it did, since you probably locked the screen before you went fishing. hit the stop, to end it and try to start it over. keep the screen awake unit it finishes

Wayne, look again at what you quoted me. I was gone fishin for longer than 10 seconds.

this is what it looks like now. Is it done? Is it still loading?

No it is still downloading. You don't have the map until you get the box on the left to select to display it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

You have to maintain an internet connection the whole time to get ALL the file downloaded.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Ok, thanks, and thanks Troy.

We won't talk about my digital depth going ape shit and my 10' foot bottom showing up in the middle of my screen, or the fact that my DI has been stolen from my helm unit.
    I am PLENTY PISSED.

Will start another thread when I can type in a sociable manner...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12