ALX Grind review?

Been looking at this rod. Wondering if anybody is using it and what you think of it. Would be used for DD22s up to say an 8XD type bait. I like a sensitive cranking rod to feel what my bait is doing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I have one that I have only used a little bit. I have been throwing a 6xd on it and like it so far. With that said, I haven't used it much and haven't caught a fish on it. I haven't been able to get the crankbait bite going yet this year. You can cast a mile with it for sure.

3. Member
    Ive used mine for some fat free shads, Duo 15a and traps. I launches a bait like crazy so for me your not over working your arm. As for landing I can say no issues with kamikaze smallmouth in current. I use a BB1 with 15 flouro on mine. You wont be disappointed with it.

4. Member
    I’m gonna go ahead and try one. I’m sure it’s going to be nice! Have not heard a bad thing yet about these rods!

Quote Originally Posted by PumaMatt View Post
    I have one that I have only used a little bit. I have been throwing a 6xd on it and like it so far. With that said, I haven't used it much and haven't caught a fish on it. I haven't been able to get the crankbait bite going yet this year. You can cast a mile with it for sure.
    Does the rod handle the 6xd ok?