What is the "summer" pattern??

I live in Oklahoma and all the guides are saying the crappie are on the "summer" pattern. They're limiting out nearly every day. Of course I'm a weekend warrior (due to work) and I would like to know what this means. TIA.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Member
    Here the summer pattern is trees from 7 foot to 15 foot right now. Close to channels is good in the trees. old hedgerows or treelines are a good bet.

Timber or brushpiles at, or just above the thermocline.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    yep. Find some brushpiles not on the banks. I do have a buddy who is still catching them in slips at marinas on grand though.

5. Member
    Right now this Texas heat has my local water 86 degrees and I’m still catching them in 9 to 13 foot off points on the top side that’s leads off to deeper water. Out in deeper water off timber say 19’ there 10 to 8 foot down my thermocline starts at 15 foot and I down image brush in 24+ feet of water and haven’t seen any crappie deeer than 12 foot. Jig head weight to me is more key than color that presentation right on their nose makes em THUmp!!