2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

Whoever wrote that article obviously hasn't seen any lake in Oklahoma. I've visited probably 75% of the lakes in Oklahoma and I have to say that Hefner is one of the ugliest lakes in the state. It's nothing but a big un-natural looking bowl with a long featureless earthen dam on the whole north side and a public golf course on the south side. They built those restaurants and lighthouse on the west side, to draw some activity to the lake. If the topic was; city park lakes, then it might have made a list but as one of the most beautiful lakes in the state....no way.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Whoever wrote that article obviously hasn't seen any lake in Oklahoma. I've visited probably 75% of the lakes in Oklahoma and I have to say that Hefner is one of the ugliest lakes in the state. It's nothing but a big un-natural looking bowl with a long featureless earthen dam on the whole north side and a public golf course on the south side. They built those restaurants and lighthouse on the west side, to draw some activity to the lake. If the topic was; city park lakes, then it might have made a list but as one of the most beautiful lakes in the state....no way.
    Agreed. Draper has some pretty sunsets and VERY cool flyovers but no way I'd rank either it OR Hefner near the top 20 in Oklahoma.

IMHO the prettiest lakes in Oklahoma that I've personally fished are...

1. Broken Bow
    2. Tenkiller
    3. Murray
    4. Arbuckle
    5. McGee Creek
    6. Skiatook
    7. Sardis
    8. Hugo
    9. Ft. Gibson

I've never fished Grand so I didn't put it down. I have driven over the dam at Disney and it is a beautiful lake. I've just never made the haul.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Banned
    Broken Bow is ugly with no fish in it stay away!!!!!
    Grand is a pretty lake they ruined with way too many docks.

I've been to Broken Bow once when my son was a boy and we camped and had a memorable time. My only complaint on Broken Bow is where the good Lord placed it in relationship to my house. I can almost be to Lake Fork before I could get to Broken Bow. I would like to go back sometime.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Banned
    My ladies parents drive way is one mile from the boat ramp up the river at the Game Reserve. It is a beautiful lake with lots of healthy fish. That's why I tell people to stay away. It's a 3-1/2 hour drive from Broken Arrow to Broken Bow.

8. Member
    We've done several family vacations down at BB. Rent a big cabin in Hochatown. Take the boat. Fish, golf, hike. I'd hafta rank it number one on my list as well. Lotsa ties from there down though! Tenkiller would be way up on the list.

I'd agree with most of the rankings from Soonerfan, but Greenleaf has got to be on their somewhere.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

You know, I thought about Greenleaf but I hadn't been there since I was a kid...right after water was invented.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

11. Member
    Won’t disagree about Greenleaf. In fact below the spillway comin in from the river is one of the prettiest spots I know of. So does that count as Greenleaf or Webber’s Falls?