Thread: nfc blanks

nfc blanks

I was thinking of buying a few blanks from NFC. Talked to them and they made a very big point that they do not have a waranty.
    Seemed odd to me that they would not waranty material defects at least,
    Have any of you had issues with there blanks or know of a reason why or why not to buy.
    Just got a strange feeling about this one,
    Thanks,
    Kent

2. Member
    That is odd. Personally I'd be more concerned about receiving a damaged blank than I would one with a material defect. I've only built on 2 NFC blanks and both were absolutely gorgeous as far as finish goes. And they are top notch performers as well. The blanks I built on were from the IM series. I absolutely love the rods I built on them. I'd probably put them #1 with Rainshadow blanks being 2nd in a photo finish.

They told you that? Here's their warranty on their website....https://northforkcomposites.com/warranty-and-returns/

Providing complete confidence, all NFC Blanks have a Limited Lifetime Warranty for the original registered owner. If an NFC blank broken for any reason, the solution is to repair or replace it quickly and without any hassle to get anglers back on the water. We will repair or replace, at no cost, any product damaged due to faulty workmanship or manufacturing defects. This is typically evident within the few uses, and we will replace at no cost within 90 days. The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, theft, accidents, or abuse; however, for a nominal fee, we will provide replacement parts.
    Now whether it's a lifetime or 90 day warranty could be up for interpretation from that, but I've found them very easy to work with in talking to them on the phone.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    Thanks,
    Yes Drew, he told me they would check it before it was shipped and I was to check it before I built on it and if there was a problem to give him a call. Nothing in writing on these blanks. It could be because of the sale price promotion that is going on but just seemed odd.
    I've just never bough a blank that was not warrantied to some extent.