BALANCE AND BLUE PRINT???

OK so if I have a prop that gives me the top speed I want but is a hair lite on RMP's and hole shot, if I send it out for Balance and Blue Print with out changing the current pitch by them thinning the front edge and everything else they do in that process will my rpm's come up and will it come out of the hole faster?

2. Member
    be nice to know what you are asking about? cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. Member
    They should come up a little but I'm not sure if it would help on holeshot. It would be best to give all your numbers, rpms and stuff, to the prop guy and discuss what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    OK so if I have a prop that gives me the top speed I want but is a hair lite on RMP's and hole shot, if I send it out for Balance and Blue Print with out changing the current pitch by them thinning the front edge and everything else they do in that process will my rpm's come up and will it come out of the hole faster?
    Depends on the present condition of the Props and the person that does the work
    Based on a referral I recently had a prop guy I my area see what he could do with a tempest prop I had as backup. He provided a very nice printout with all the details about the prop, came back performing worse than before. Gave him 2 more shots at it and the end result was he destroyed a decent prop in the process. The last time it was so bad I did not even waste my time trying it and bought a new that will go to Ronnie Gilbert for tuning

You might be able to achieve what you want with what you have now if all base line information is provided. You can be assured any good Prop guy will want to know most of this info In order to get the prop right
    "A hair lite means very little to anyone other than you" To me it may mean 25 rpm, to you it could be 200 rpm.

1. boat year and model
    2. Motor year and model
    3. Weight of driver and passenger
    4. App. weight of fuel and tackle load
    5. Prop inc pitch and blades, pvs plugs in use
    6. Lower unit gear ratio
    7. Jack plate info
    8. Prop to Pad height
    9. How many seconds till nose over for holeshot
    10. RPM flashes to xxxx during hole shot, should be above 3400
    11. any blowout as the bow noses over trimmed down
    12. Top speed obtained and the rpm at that speed
    13. How much trim at top speed
    14. Rooster tail height
    15. Water pressure also at top speed at desired trim
    16. Steering torque under these conditions. How much effort to turn left vs right
    17. Elevation where you run it the most
    18. Air Temps when testing
    19. App. humidity...……….Low, medium or high
    Last edited by lpugh; 06-20-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh