Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ibf shouldn't have to beg for money to pay for stocking. The b.s. lake usage fee and lake enhancement fee should be more than enough.

2. Banned
    Well thank god they just put 44,000 wipers in Patoka this week. That really helps. We have so many wiper fisherman around. Much better idea than stocking bass in there that people actually drive there for. I would love to be a fly on the wall for the DNR meetings, and see how they decide this chit...

We had a 112 boats and I was really close with my 15 lb prediction. I didn't leave till the weigh in was finished and was told 8th place had a 2 day total of 14 1/2 lbs. Almost 100 guys blanked yesterday, today was just as bad. I stunk it up with a whole 3 keepers for almost 8 lbs. The winner on the boater side had 25 lbs which is good considering the time of year and conditions.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    We had a 112 boats and I was really close with my 15 lb prediction. I didn't leave till the weigh in was finished and was told 8th place had a 2 day total of 14 1/2 lbs. Almost 100 guys blanked yesterday, today was just as bad. I stunk it up with a whole 3 keepers for almost 8 lbs. The winner on the boater side had 25 lbs which is good considering the time of year and conditions.
    Who won it??

Curt Hughes

Went up and fished til 11am. Caught alot more 12-13" bass than i have in the past. Only 3 keepers. Did pull up to one spot and catch a Spot, a Largemouth and a nice Smallmouth. That was pretty cool to me anyway. Hope you guys had a great Father's Day!

So now that its over, what's the verdict? Does Monroe suck or not?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Went up and fished til 11am. Caught alot more 12-13" bass than i have in the past. Only 3 keepers. Did pull up to one spot and catch a Spot, a Largemouth and a nice Smallmouth. That was pretty cool to me anyway. Hope you guys had a great Father's Day!
    Me and my Co caught more 8-12 inch bass this weekend than I've caught in the past 20 years combined. After the water came up last week the little ones just piled into the flooded stuff. I talked to a lot of guys that said they caught em like we did and we're surprised there's that many in there.

To answer Steve, I don't think it sucks worse than any other lake in this state. There's lots of fish in it, just not easy to target them. If you hit it just right with ideal conditions you can whack em pretty good.

One serous bitch I have about the weekend, lots of dead fish brought in and I mean coolers full!! Sure it was miserably hot but if you keep your livewells running all day it shouldn't have been an issue. I don't know if it's just pure stupidity or guys are just clueless about fish care but it's not difficult to keep em healthy. Saturday was so bad that yesterday at the scales they had coolers to put them in so dumbasses wouldn't just toss em back in the lake by the ramp.

9. Member
    WOW, that helps.....

10. Banned

One serous bitch I have about the weekend, lots of dead fish brought in and I mean coolers full!! Sure it was miserably hot but if you keep your livewells running all day it shouldn't have been an issue. I don't know if it's just pure stupidity or guys are just clueless about fish care but it's not difficult to keep em healthy. Saturday was so bad that yesterday at the scales they had coolers to put them in so dumbasses wouldn't just toss em back in the lake by the ramp.
    Yes guys are just clueless or don’t really care that much about Fish care. I’ve ran tournaments and weigh ins for 20 years and the lack of Thought that goes into Fish care is ridiculous. Especially when our numbers of bass are down so bad in our lakes right now. Guys just have this mind set that they can throw these fish in the livewell, put the livewells in auto, and all is well. Sure you can get away with that in the spring when it’s cool, but from postspawn through summer it requires more than that. The simplest thing guys just refuse to do is run their pumps on manual or constant. They want to run them on a timer. For the life of me when it’s hard to keep these things alive give me one good reason to run them in auto. There isn’t, yet guys just continue to do it.

Myself I personally ice the water down, monitor livewell temps, add my g-juice or whatever chemicals you like, plug the overflow and run your recirculating pumps on Manual non stop as soon as the first fish goes in. I also added the VT-2 vents and they seemed to make a huge difference as well. If I get five in a team tournament I use both livewells and do the same for both to try and new them alive as best I can. Spread them out so they have more oxygen.

Guys also need to learn how to fizz Fish. I’d venture to say over 90% of the guys have no idea how or when to do it. I walk down to the ramp after every tournament and have to do some. Fizz em and they swim right off.

Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    No way it only takes 9.5lbs per day to win and 4.5 per day to qualify.
    God I wish I could fish it.
    You got your wish, what happened?

Apologies. Curt topped the co-anglers. Kenneth Reed took top honors.

13. Member
    You got your wish, what happened?
    I sucked like I always do on tourney days. But my co angler got fourth overall and was 2nd place co. He should have won and been 2nd overall. I just did not make the right changes with the water coming up that much that.
    I had more people come in and cut me off and fish 30-50yd in front of me than I ever have had in a tourney before. When it gets tough, there is absolutely no respect anymore.

That's awesome your co got second, bet he was excited. The water coming up that much really changed things.

:)

2018 Phoenix 921
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro xs
    Hotrod

Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    I sucked like I always do on tourney days. But my co angler got fourth overall and was 2nd place co. He should have won and been 2nd overall. I just did not make the right changes with the water coming up that much that.
    I had more people come in and cut me off and fish 30-50yd in front of me than I ever have had in a tourney before. When it gets tough, there is absolutely no respect anymore.
    Russ State Finals nothing more than a huge club tourney. Most never fish anything else. So hope they just dont know any better. But of course some do :(

2018 Phoenix 921
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro xs
    Hotrod

17. Member
    The ones that cut me off knew better.
    I fish against them almost every tourney.

What if the organizers started allowing you to weigh in fish anytime after 11:00 am? So you could weigh those fish in early and then weigh in again at end of day. I understand you would have to do individual weights of fish so you could count your biggest five at the end of the day but do you think this would be utilized and would it be helpful to keeping the population more healthy?

The easiest solution is no dead fish should be weighed. Some people will say that sometimes fish die and you can't help it, which is true. But I've caught hundreds of fish in 25 years of fishing tournaments and I have had 2 die. One was caught deep and I didn't know how to fizz a fish at that time (that problem has been corrected). And the other one was hooked in the tongue and died almost immediately. I don't do anything special other than running my aerators and not sticking cull tags through fish's gills.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

One dead fish will kill more. Looks like you are a cheater but it is best to wrap it in plastic and put in cooler if you plan to weigh it. A dead bass here and there will not hurt a fishery but i hate hearing they had a cooler there knowing how many would come in Sunday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast