Lightning ET’s

The 3 blades not the 4. (I’ve broke all my 4 Blade et’s )Has anybody ran them on a XB21. I know there not going to be a great fishing prop but what about a play prop? I have a few of those on hand to play with. I know they rip on my xb2002 but have never heard of anybody running them on the big boats. They will lift a 21 foot Bullet as long as it’s not loaded to the gills. If they will lift these boats a 28 should do pretty good on mine. I have allot more rpms to play with than most do.

I have several broken ones. I think Mike does as well. In all fairness, one was thin and the other was a copy. The thin one was run on an Allison GS. The other was a copy a Stroker. The thin one I broke twice. I only ran 2 1000' passes with it each time.

I like them, but I would want to give them a fair shot and try in stock form.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I have several broken ones. I think Mike does as well. In all fairness, one was thin and the other was a copy. The thin one was run on an Allison GS. The other was a copy a Stroker. The thin one I broke twice. I only ran 2 1000' passes with it each time.

I like them, but I would want to give them a fair shot and try in stock form.
    -----Would sure give it a try if you have one.. (Never know if you don't go)
    I loved them on my 2003 but never ran one on a 21..
    I will say the fastest this rig has been was with a 4 blade Pro ET. which is now a 3 blade..

"I will say the fastest this rig has been was with a 4 blade Pro ET. which is now a 3 blade.." Love that.

Totally agree with Mike, give it a pass or two. I run a lot of over hub props others do not like. You never know until you try. We all run different loads and conditions.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    My Pro ET lasted 3 weeks

2006 Allison Bassport Pro - Hull #7
    2008 250XS

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Ive never ran a lightning ET (3 Blade) but you saw how my boat did not care for your Pro ET....especially when that Helicopter came to play!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    The 3 blade vs 4 blade ET props behave a lot different on my boat. The Pro ET seems to want to push the bow down and needs more trim. I am only running an xb2002 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ssv1761982 View Post
    The 3 blade vs 4 blade ET props behave a lot different on my boat. The Pro ET seems to want to push the bow down and needs more trim. I am only running an xb2002 tho.
    I found same with pro et on my xb03 ran bow flat

9. Member
    Guys just a follow up on this post. My xb2002 is out of commission for a few more weeks so I’ve finally started playing with this 21 a little bit. I did however sell my 300x a few months ago and put a 300xs on the 21 so I don’t have the rpms to play with like I did. I’ve ran a couple of different bravos with neither one of them being to impressive. A 29xs being the fastest at only 90mph and some change and I had to really try to get it to go that fast. I bolted on a 28 lightning et and ran it this afternoon after work and it was a completely different boat. My first pass I got to 92 quick. I looked down and was turning over 6300. The boat felt good so I raised the motor about 1/4” and made another pass right at 93 and 6400 so I put it on the trailer. I could have easily put it into guardian with this 28. There’s not a doubt in my mind it would have pulled a 30 on up into the mid 90s and maybe even a 32. Just thought I would give a heads up to any of you guys that get a chance to run one. You might want to give it a try.

10. Member
    I run a 32 Et on my 2003Xb 225x, 95 is tops for this boat. Stock Lip. The 32 starts picking the hull up at about 60, with that being said I don't fish out of my boat, just play. So its lightly loaded.
    I have 28 30 32 ETs, and a 28 ET cut from a chopper. All the wheels are on the limiter. I have a thinned 28 ET with a crack, been repaired lasted 1 mile. Top end they are good, loaded with 3 or more its different

11. Member
    I agree. I'm sure they want carry a reel heavy load like the big barrels but I wasn't running really light either. I had all of my fishing gear in the boat (and I carry allot more than I need )and I'm running a 24 volt ultrex with 2 blue top optimas in the front center storage and about 1/2 tank of gas. I also had a bag of shot in the passenger rod holder for ballast. Holeshot was good but I"m sure once you added a partner and full livewells it would do the normal spinning to the moon coming out of the hole. I was just impressed it carried the boat as well as it did with the load I had.

12. Member
    I love my ets on my xb21 and my xb03. I run them a lot when I’m fishing alone or with the wife but with a buddy and all his gear I’ll change it out. I’ve only broke 1 and it was a newer one.

13. Member
    Well a 30 lighting et is NOT the ticket. At least not the one I tried.
    It didn't lift the boat near as good as the 28 did.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wayne View Post
    Well a 30 lighting et is NOT the ticket. At least not the one I tried.
    It didn't lift the boat near as good as the 28 did.
    Get somebody to tweak it just a little and it will if you can still spin it.