Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tsala Apopka Chain

Morning gents:

I am beginning preparations for a tournament on Tsala Apopka in October.

Can any locals offer any general information about that chain of lakes? We are launching out of Henderson on 44, I believe.

I appreciate any feedback...not looking for specific spots or anything like that - just gathering information, as I've never been on this chain before.

Thanks.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

2. Banned
    I'm fittin' to go out there after I feed the dogs. If launching @44 Right across the launch is a good spot for cove type fishing. Just N. of the aforementioned cove You'll see shoreline. That is 'decent' up to the bridge to 'Little Lake Henderson'; which holds it's own 'good spots'.

"East Lake" is real good and has HUGE fish and HUGE gators. (This will be the water You see off of 44; opposite of the ramp. Through 'Lake Spivey'.)

I'm headed over to fish off of 'Davis Lake' (they cleared a bunch of area and has been great for frog fishing) You get to Lake Davis through Lake Spivey. As You launch on 44 You go under the bridge to Lake Spivey through canals to Lake Davis or to "East Lake".

*** The Mechanical Weedeaters are out on the Chain now so it might be a totally different thing by the time these 'brain donors' get done. There is shit every where and it is the thick shit that will grow on cement, so, there is that.

Look at a map and see if You can locate any of these things I mentioned.

3. Banned
    Also- Depending on the size of Your boat and the water level then..

There is a lake right off of Little Lake Henderson; the Bike Trail goes over it. That place gets very little pressure.

There is a similar type body of water West of 'East Lake' (You'll be able to see it as You drive to the ramp)
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 06-12-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Banned
    2 of the above spots gave up 3 fish this a.m.

#1) MESU™ Raptor swimjig 1/2 Blk./Blu. w/a ZMan 3" swimbait "Moodring" color. (outside of pads)

#2) BigDawgBaits™ 5" Ripper swimbait "Houdini" (very edge of pads)

#3) Same bait as #1) (fish chased through pads and finally nailed it right at the edge) Biggest fish weighing 5.1#

Fish #3 became Fish #31 Joining 30 other Bass weighing at least 4.5# that I've moved to the area behind My house. My own 'Sharelunker' program.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Fish #3 became Fish #31 Joining 30 other Bass weighing at least 4.5# that I've moved to the area behind My house. My own 'Sharelunker' program.
    that's awesome.

Thanks again for the intel.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Just got back from Tsala Apopka Chain.

Spent the day in Little Lake Henderson. Ended up boating 4 fish and missed a couple on topwater.

Caught mostly schoolies...2 in 14' of water and the other in about 8' of water. Tried to put together a shallow flipping bite all day and got nothing. Offshore bite seemed to be the key today

Excited to fish some of the other lakes.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Was marking them deep

Attached Images Attached Images

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

9. Banned
    Is that marking off the point of the blue house on Little Lake Hendo? Did You see if You could get to that connecting lake? If the water is up enough I think I can get the Z-118 under there if I put the Power-Pole down...

If You ever come over again, there is a Launch (no ramp) into Little Lake Hendo. on the S/W bank about 1/4 down from the cut..

Is that marking off the point of the blue house on Little Lake Hendo? Did You see if You could get to that connecting lake? If the water is up enough I think I can get the Z-118 under there if I put the Power-Pole down...

If You ever come over again, there is a Launch (no ramp) into Little Lake Hendo. on the S/W bank about 1/4 down from the cut..
    That is actually the fish attractors in the middle of the lake, near the bouy.

I did not go into the connecting lake, but I bet I can fit. I saw a Triton TX18 come and go through there...and I don't have power poles, so I bet I can fit. On paper...he has a 91" beam and mine is 88".

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The fish I marked today were in exactly 20’ of water (different lake, Lake Gibson) and while my graph lit up none of my lures did! Good going Hez and Lew, gotta get my butt over there soon!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    The fish I marked today were in exactly 20’ of water (different lake, Lake Gibson)
    Gotta be that summertime pattern

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

13. Banned
    I took the boat out due to the heat, but I think I'll dump Her in sometime this week... I haven't seen but 1 Pontoon on Henderson the past couple of weeks

You might try both "East Lake" and "Davis Lake" next time over. Let Me know if You want to know how to get in there and where to throw. They get very little-no action, especially Davis lake and they just cleared a few acres should be pack full for a frog bite

I took the boat out due to the heat, but I think I'll dump Her in sometime this week... I haven't seen but 1 Pontoon on Henderson the past couple of weeks

You might try both "East Lake" and "Davis Lake" next time over. Let Me know if You want to know how to get in there and where to throw. They get very little-no action, especially Davis lake and they just cleared a few acres should be pack full for a frog bite
    Davis Lake is actually where I plan to go next. I want to ride through and check out East Lake on my way to Davis Lake, but I definitely plan to check it out this weekend.

I believe I have figured out where Davis is and how to get to it, but I could be wrong.

Like any chain of lakes, the size can be intimidating. So Like Harris Chain, I am trying to stay focused and break 1 part of the chain down at a time.
    Last edited by Hez; 09-29-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

15. Banned
    'Yes' and there is also a nicer ramp on Lake Spivey (It runs Hendo to Spivey to Davis..) When You get through to the lake proper (after going under bridge) they cleared all those trees which will be on Your starboard side. When You see an old tree You're in the right spot.

To get to East Lake---> In that pic do You see where the yellow takes a sharp right? To go to East Lake, You'd continue straight in lieu of turning right. See the long canal?

There are 2 ways to enter the lake, 1 of them is loaded w/fish and You can throw a frog. (airboat lane)

I'm going to stick the boat in the drink and I'll run over there and fish it out, I mean.... Also depending on the size of Your boat You can get way back there by Inverness Country Club; I have no problems w/a Z-118

16. Banned
    To get to the water by the Golf Course turn at I think a blue house, about halfway on the S/W side. It is beyond the yellow oval.

If the water is 'slack' and You want 'moving water' the S/E side has a canal that comes from Floral City (when the conditions are right, You can catch 35-40 bigger sized bass; the bigger ones are deeper. (They seem to just sit there w/their mouths open)

There will be a house to the right of the canal that has some blondes and a pool.

You can see the feeding canals. The moving water entry will be at Your 5:30 (bottom right)

Great info Lew, thanks!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, great info Lew, I’ve been looking for accessible boat ramps to those lakes and I keep running into private ones or non paved ramps which are not for me! I will get out there this fall for sure thanks to you. Much appreciated, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Wow, great info Lew, I’ve been looking for accessible boat ramps to those lakes and I keep running into private ones or non paved ramps which are not for me! I will get out there this fall for sure thanks to you. Much appreciated, Chris.

Counselor- If You want to Fish Lakes Davis and Spivey, I'd recommend using the launch/load off of Eden Dr. This will save You the headache and wait (usually) at SR44 Lake Henderson.

To launch/load into Little Lake Henderson, there is an opening at the end of N. Apopka Ln. Parking is VERY limited here.

**** The annual "Cooter Festival" is approaching and that is 3 days of music and food...

20. Banned
    Eden Ramp/Lake Spivey There is also cement lots and trees for shade..

*** Also be advised the photos shown was when the water was 'down'. I was going to put the boat in the drink but just got home w/a Weimaraner puppy and I'll need to train Her.. She is sharp so I'll be in the drink by Wed. of next week..

I'll update if the info is deemed 'stale'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast