Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    You had me at "Cooter Fest"!! But, cotton candy AND funnel cake??

I drove by coming from the grocery.. If the 2 GALS I saw waddling by have any bouquet, the fellas fishing would smell them before they heard any music

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I drove by coming from the grocery.. If the 2 GALS I saw waddling by have any bouquet, the fellas fishing would smell them before they heard any music

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Was that You going into Little Lake Henderson @10:39 hrs?
    No Sir I ended up at a small local lake. I was scared of the Cooter fest

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    I was scared of the Cooter fest

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Banned
    ••• Drive Carefully School in session •••

They're teaming up by the bridge into Little Lake Henderson. I almost lost a puppy as She got scared when the fish started to bust the surface. My best streak was 3 in 3 casts.

I started w/a MegaBass DarkSleeper but in between catches it seemed like smaller fish were biting "at it".
    I then went to a StrikeKing Swim-N-Shiner 5" which I dipped in chartreuse; this got the brunt of the action.
    I then wanted to get deeper to maybe try to find BIGger fish and threw a Mesu swimjig w/a StrikeKing Menace. (Southern Blue jig• GREEN Menace twin tail.)

So S L O W D O W N Children @Play.

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Nice to hear they’re getting in tighter packs. A few weeks ago the schooling were 5-10 at a time and I couldn’t chase em!

Dont think I believe for one second that a menace grub was on the back of that swim jig!!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The water was much more chilly today, right at 72.4-72.6. I was chilly as well, had a damned hoodie in until 9am! Met a guy with a super nice Phoenix 721, dual poles, 250 Opti, lime green accents.

I didnt get a hit until about 10-10:15 when the schoolies started showing up. Caught 5 two pounders in 10 minutes or so. One came on a baby brush hog I was casting to the edge of the weed line in LLH, 2 went for a popper topwater and the other 2 took the trusty squarebill. It looked like most people were flippin’ which surprised me.

By 11 my back hurt so bad I had to tap out but I am continually amazed at how beautiful that chain is.

I WILL figure these fish out! Thanks for all the help you’ve been Lew!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    I made it out Friday I wanted to go to Hernando it was roped off like there was a mass murdering in the park. Come to find out it was a Dragon Boat race.
    Ended up on Henderson I caught 8 2 to 3lbs adverage big was a little over 3. All of Flukes 1 from Spivey in the cove by ramp the others were by the ramp on 44 outside grass edges.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Pascofishboy, were you finding them about 40-50 yards off the outside weed lines? The fish I found yesterday were either within 5 cranks of the outside weed line or I would cast out away from the weed line and it seemed as if they were staged about 50 yards off the outside weedline, be it grass or pads.

I saw saw a LOT of swirls as if they were chasing bait but the bait I saw was very small...minnows and small 3” shad....I couldn’t throw a fluke because of the wind but I was having a hard time matching what they were chasing.

10. Member
    They were at most 10 yards off grass lines. A few of them did choke up shad.
    Big Dog Baits Fluke
    small one he has a white pearl and a white and grey I was useing the white and grey.
    they are a little heavier i throw them on a spinning rod is im not throw into the jungle.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks! I was having trouble finding a bait that could mimick the small shad, that fluke sounds perfect. They would hit the squarebill and topwater if I could get it in front of them but I should’ve put on a chrome lipless crank and covered more water.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234