Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, thank you so much Doctor! Complete with pictures and all. I believe you put pics of the puppy up correct? What a beautiful puppy, those eyes got me!

Good luck with the Puppy, I’m a dog guy but that pup will take a lot of activity to be happy! I’m sure you know what you’re in for owning a hunting dog!

Thank You, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Banned
    Once 'fixed' She'll be going to the dog park every day. She is already fork/spoon trained and the hermaphroditic AffenPinscher keeps the larger male Weimaraner in order. "MagWai" was the 'head dog' of the Pitbull fighting ring out of Ocala. MagWai finally put 'Georgie' (Irish Wolfhound) in His place after 'Georgie' would pick on Molly.

That is why I want to get the boat in the drink, so She can be fully trained by the time "Best Fishing" gets to this area.... Won't be long now
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Banned
    This is My new 'bitch' (the absolute only time I'll use this descriptor)

Awesome dogs Lew!

The chain was busy today. I checked out Lake Davis...caught 1 on a popper and 1 on a speedworm, both about 11". The big machine was even working today, couldn't believe it. There were about 4 boats on the bank you were talking about with the old trees.

I'm going to send you a PM Lew, I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

I did go check out the lake attached to Little Hendo, under the bike bridge...my son caught a little 2 lber on a crankbait in there.

We then headed out to the main Lake Henderson and I couldn't help but to take note of how many boats there were again. Mainly on the banks you recommended that are adjacent to the bridge over the canal connecting to Little Hendo; must have been 6 boats on that bank.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Banned
    I received/replied Your PM

Did You check out Lake Spivey? That is the nicer ramp, shade parking off of Eden Dr. off of 41. If/When You do, as soon as You launch You'll want to head West (The Lake proper is East) If they haven't cut the pads, the bigger Bass attack just about anything in there. There is a deeper hole/pit that I have to triangulate with a house and pole. You cast out and slowly drag it back and they come out of the pit..

Get back to the map (Yellow) follow the looooong canal and about 7/8th the way until "E. Turner Camp Rd." (the canal runs out at Turner Camp) About 7/8th of the way up, You'll see a canal leading to the left (West) go slow because one of those guys is an ******* and will squirt You with water..

*** I also forgot to mention as it relates to East Lake *** Once You get on plain towards East Lake SLOW down when You see the first house (on left) He has SLOW Signs, but He also has a tendency to Cast & Forget and if running at any speed the hook and bobber might be painful... There are a few different lines into East Lake. The nearest to the Portside (going) is 'safest/surest' It can get low when the water is down. I'd HIGHly recommend going a safe clip until You get the route down.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I received/replied Your PM

Did You check out Lake Spivey? That is the nicer ramp, shade parking off of Eden Dr. off of 41. If/When You do, as soon as You launch You'll want to head West (The Lake proper is East) If they haven't cut the pads, the bigger Bass attack just about anything in there. There is a deeper hole/pit that I have to triangulate with a house and pole. You cast out and slowly drag it back and they come out of the pit..

Get back to the map (Yellow) follow the looooong canal and about 7/8th the way until "E. Turner Camp Rd." (the canal runs out at Turner Camp) About 7/8th of the way up, You'll see a canal leading to the left (West) go slow because one of those guys is an ******* and will squirt You with water..

*** I also forgot to mention as it relates to East Lake *** Once You get on plain towards East Lake SLOW down when You see the first house (on left) He has SLOW Signs, but He also has a tendency to Cast & Forget and if running at any speed the hook and bobber might be painful... There are a few different lines into East Lake. The nearest to the Portside (going) is 'safest/surest' It can get low when the water is down. I'd HIGHly recommend going a safe clip until You get the route down.
    I ventured to East Lake yesterday. I was very cautious and only got on plane on the couple of straight-aways. Didn't go fast at all though, just enough to get on plane. Seemed super dangerous. I wondered how many accidents have happened in there.

Will check out the other canal you mention. Thanks again Lew for the guidance.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

7. Banned
    This is explains the lower of speed in Your "Blue Zone" With traffic going both ways (and don't be surprised if 'the other guy' has His HUA and don't know which side of the thinning funnel to go to....)

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=934195

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    I ventured to East Lake yesterday. I was very cautious and only got on plane on the couple of straight-aways. Didn't go fast at all though, just enough to get on plane.

I'll see You out there one day and I do a 'river scene' from "Apocalypse Now" type thing and go FULL BORE (the place is dead during the week and seeing it is a Ranger™)

I'll see You out there one day and I do a 'river scene' from "Apocalypse Now" type thing and go FULL BORE (the place is dead during the week and seeing it is a Ranger™)
    I bet it's a blast!!!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I can’t stop laughing,, the little black dog has a look on its face that says “ just try to f with me”! I have little dogs and they do get small dog complex and usually run the house! Plus the that dog just has that look...is that Magwai because if so that’s the best, most fitting name EVER!

And Hez, keep learning that chain cause I will be leaning on your knowledge soon!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    I don't know what it is like these days but, back in the 70's I won multiple tournaments on that chain of lakes with a devils horse lure. Great fishing back then.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    I don't know what it is like these days but, back in the 70's I won multiple tournaments on that chain of lakes with a devils horse lure. Great fishing back then.

The Devil's Horse is still a winner. Also, Fishing Hall of Famer Bud Andrews once ran a fishing camp just to the side of what is now the 44 Ramp. There is an old boathouse in the trees and that is that last remnants. If You use the 44 Ramp and You're in a boat that needs to warm a bit, to the sides of the buoys are sometimes real good, there is a buoy 'missing' that would be i.f.o. the old fish camp..

And as soon as You enter Little Lake Henderson, the first boat shed (left side) and all along that bank gets both Bass/Crappie

13. Member
    Back in the 60's, 70's and part of the 80's I had a friend that owned 4 lots on the finger canals. One had a double wide trailer on a concrete slab. I could go there at any time and fish the chain. He lived in Tampa. The devil's horse was also good for catching warmouth perch. Mr. John and I caught more than 30 bass of more than 10 lbs. on the chain and probably 6 of them were under or near the bridge. We also fished at night and caught thousands of specks around the bridge and on points.

14. Banned
    Hez- This is the smallest of the 31, the Nile Croc I typed You about would be to "My 9 o'clock" in this photo; where the Spring makes the pads grow in a circular pattern. The weed thrasher hasn't come back here and ruined this area. There are 2 BIG BUSHES that have grown (they'd be visible if the pic was taken today) and as big as they are, their root system should provide food/shelter/food/food.

I have noticed if the Gar are in the area and You see them constantly breaking the surface to get air, the Bass either leave or get lockjaw

The houses in the background are on "Skye Dr." (This is the Scottish/Scot section of Inverness. ALL the street signs are from Scottish towns/burgs. The founder of Inverness, Mr. Thompkins said it reminded Him of Inverness, Scotland) Nice little launch 2 little bays up from here.

** This will be to Your right as You go down the looooooong canal to the Frogging area.

I may take the Peddleboat out just to check that root system
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hez- This is the smallest of the 31, the Nile Croc I typed You about would be to "My 9 o'clock" in this photo; where the Spring makes the pads grow in a circular pattern. The weed thrasher hasn't come back here and ruined this area. There are 2 BIG BUSHES that have grown (they'd be visible if the pic was taken today) and as big as they are, their root system should provide food/shelter/food/food.

I have noticed if the Gar are in the area and You see them constantly breaking the surface to get air, the Bass either leave or get lockjaw

The houses in the background are on "Skye Dr." (This is the Scottish/Scot section of Inverness. ALL the street signs are from Scottish towns/burgs. The founder of Inverness, Mr. Thompkins said it reminded Him of Inverness, Scotland) Nice little launch 2 little bays up from here.

** This will be to Your right as You go down the looooooong canal to the Frogging area.

I may take the Peddleboat out just to check that root system

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

16. Member
    I am going to Henderson in the morning anyone else going to be out there

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    I am going to Henderson in the morning anyone else going to be out there
    Not tomorrow, but this weekend I plan on making an appearance.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m going this weekend, plan on putting in at the 44 ramp. Hez, you’re right, the map is simply intimidating! With the weather we are going to have this weekend I strongly believe I’m going on a sight seeing trip but that’s ok since this chain holds huge fish and is only 55 minutes from my house. Heck I can take 41 all the way there if I want!

During this transition period I’m very tempted to simply fish canals since I always have good luck in canals and at the mouth of them, both natural and man made. Depending on what the harvesters have done I would really like to fish some pads, just don’t really think the fish will be up in there yet.

The underwater vegetation is turning to slime right now by me, fish haven’t moved up and we are getting some type of front sat and sun so, like I said, I think this will be a sight seeing trip. I haven’t been on the chain since I was in my teens on the 80’s...I don’t remember all those houses!

I’ve studied the Google Maps a lot, and sure I will a lot more before this weekend. If anyone is going let me know! Thanks guys

19. Banned
    If You put in at 44.. as the motor is warming up, look for the "No Wake" buoys; guess where the missing one 'should be' (it is out from where the guy sells shiners; towards the bridge on 44. That water leads to Lake Spivey; Davis Lake and East Lakes) and drag Your largest worm...

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    As always, thank you sir!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast