Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Soundd like a crack in the hull. But speedo and water pressure could be putting water in the boat. Put plug in a fill full of wster. Look for leaks.

This is what i would do first then on to the rubrail and hoses

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    [/B]
    This is what i would do first then on to the rubrail and hoses
    Since I and a handfull of other Stratos owners have had rub rail leaks, you should look there.

Rubrail!! I just did my 295 Stratos. Used 3M 4200.

4. Member
    The problem has been solved!! It was indeed a bad seal around the rub rail. I put a bead of silicone around it last night. I started roughly about where the seats are and went all the way back on both sides and took her out this afternoon to see if it helped. Not a drop of water found it's way in all day. Dry as a bone!

Thanks again to all to guys who commented with advice. It would have taken me a bunch more screwing around to figure that out on my own. I never would have thought so much water could get in that way. I'd never accomplish anything without you guys!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Sounds like a crack in the hull. But speedo and water pressure could be putting water in the boat. Put plug in a fill full of water. Look for leaks.
    Since This is worst case scenario, but a very easy one to detect I would do what this man suggest. Stick a hose back In the bilge area and fill it pretty full. Sit back and see if you see water. Won’t take long at all, and that would at least eliminate the worst case scenario.

6. Banned
    Glad you got it fixed man!!!

7. Member
    How can water get in thru the rub rail when you're running on pad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    How can water get in thru the rub rail when you're running on pad ?
    the top cap is wider than the hull, so there is a seam where they overlap, (rain wont get in because the top cap is on top like shingles on a roof)
    but if water touches the bottom from the bottom it tends to have force and quickly comes in, either turning, coming off pad or waves can bring water to the bottom of the top cap. i have seen this happen on a walleye boat that i could see the water running in haha glad it is fixed
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    The boat I had before this one would do that. Mine ended up being a thru hull fitting on the side was cracked. Would not leak until I was taking off. The pressure from the water would make it leak. Took me a whole summer to figure it out. I had to have some one take off with me looking in the bilge area to see where it was coming from. This was a Javelin brand boat.
    2006 skeeter zx225.HPDI 225

If your boat takes on water between top cap and hull that tells you your boat builder is sorry .

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    If your boat takes on water between top cap and hull that tells you your boat builder is sorry .
    Horse pedonk!! Boats get old. Unless it's a Basscat the top cap usually overlaps the bottom hull with a screw system holding them together. As a boat gets used these screws tend to loosen. When spray comes up the rear of the hull, it is pressurized and unless its new, or properly sealed it gets in the hull.
    The green light, true love, and a rub rail sealant don't last forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12