Thread: What to expect

What to expect

Just found this forum the other day. A lot of very good information here. I currently have a 17' tracker magna. Wanted a bass boat at the time but felt that this boat would keep my son from falling out. It did, but now I want to make the jump to a bass boat. My question is, what can I expect to get for 10-12k? Pretty opened ended question I know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    It really depends on what you are looking for. You can get a new tracker classic special edition for 10k or you can get a 15-20 year old glass boat in decent shape for that amount. You need to be more specific in what you want before you can get much advice.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

3. Member
    I'm looking for a glass boat. No more aluminum. 18' plus. Hopefully decent electronics. Motor size doesn't matter a whole lot to me. With my job, I wouldn't be able to fish any tournaments besides maybe a few local club tournaments and a lot of the lakes around me are 5 mph speed limits. 2 stroke or 4 stroke as long as it is reliable. Not sure what other specifics would help.

Thanks

4. Member
    I'm looking for same kind of deal, 10-12k.

You can certainly find 18-20 foot boats with 150-200s, that are late 1990's early 2000's model year.

If you can find an older hull with a newer engine and the hull is in good shape, that would be the deal.

For me, I'm not too concerned with electronics/trolling motor. More than likely I would replace them anyways. So that will knock some money off the total package.

When looking at older boats, need to be extra careful to check over the transom, floor, trailer.

5. Member
    You can get a dang nice rig for that. It may be 10 to 15 years old but age isn't an issue if they are taken care of. My Ranger/ Evinrude is 28 years old and looks and runs as good as ever. There is a reason that it has a 40 some odd gallon gas tank on it. The older motors are jack hammers and just keep on running