Thumbs Up Florida lures and techniques

Guys, i fish a shallow natural lake in NC that reminds me a lot of lakes I've seen in Florida. What are your favorite

techniques and lures in grass flats and Lilly pad fields?

2. Member
    Flippin, pitchin’ and froggin’ are what i do 95% of the time...sometimes there are probably better methods, but those are what i like and what I pretty much stick with...Flippin’ and pitchin’ craws, and senko type baits mostly...

3. GTB
    Gambler Big EZ and Swimming EZ and Zoom Vibe tail speed worm with 1/4 or1/8 oz. lead bullet weight.

4. Banned
    What are your favorite techniques and lures in grass flats and Lilly pad fields?

Do Y'all get the big 'V' in the Lily pads? If "Yes" then try this jig. It is a 'Swinging Swimjig' that is sans a weedguard and because it swings freely, no weedguard and a different head-type, You can pull it through much more easily. You know how You cast out and the bait 'gets stuck' in the V of the pad and You have to dip the rod tip and pull and You end up getting cheated out of distance? These don't 'get stuck'

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/MESU_...e-MESURAP.html

This is a locally made soft swimbait. It also works in the pads due to it's durability. The 5" works great by itself and the 3.5" works as a trailer. The "Houdini" is the color to get as it is a watermelon red w/a silver thorax. When You stop the retrieve the silver flashes.. ** WARNING ** These are extremely STINKY and need to be double or triple bagged when storing.

https://baitsforsale.com/index.php/bdb-5-swim-ripper/

5. Member
    I really appreciate your replies guys. Looking forward to trying this out.

6. Member
    Do you get both the 5" and the 3.5 or are they seperate... I dont see an option for the 3.5?

7. Banned
    Do you get both the 5" and the 3.5 or are they seperate... I dont see an option for the 3.5?

If that traffic is for My reply.

Here is the spot for the 3.5"

https://baitsforsale.com/index.php/b...i-swim-ripper/

Bookers Baits™ in Leesburg has them as do some other Fl. tackle shops.

The "Houdini" color is the one that works the best, the silver thorax actually 'flashes' when You kill the bait on the retrieve.

I also SHIT You not, these baits are STINKY!!! I have them in the original bag, in a gal. Ziplock in a gal Ziplock.

I also didn't mention it earlier but these baits and the StrikeKing™ Swim-N-Shiner are the 2 best 5" swimbaits as it relates to a 'kicking tail' these kick at the slowest of speeds.

They also have like a 'ringworm' type bait that works great as a trailer. (the one w/a blue tint works real good around here) Rig this one 'on the side'

STINKY!!!

8. Banned

9. Member
    Awesome, thanks

10. Member
    Do you know of a coupon code for them, I got a handful of things in my cart. Thanks

11. Member
    Thanks for the props Ben, we use a Mexican garlic. It's very potent but the fish seem to like it. As far as discount codes are concerned we plan on becoming a BBC sponsor
    again in the very near future, and will be offering BBC members discounts.

12. Member
    Thanks, look forward to seeing them

13. Banned
    we use a Mexican garlic.

Typing about "Mexican Garlic" We ate at the new Mexican restaurant on 41 by the old K-Mart in Inverness. 'Los Magueyes' or something like that. They have real cold Sol™ cerveza from Mexico and it is REAL Mexican food and not other cultures pawning it off as 'authentic Mexican'

Excellent chow

And if someone in Your party is on their cell phone and not paying attention, tell the waitress/waiter that they're a 'Food Critic' from 'the Tampa paper' Foods, drinks delivered minutes after ordering and FREE deserts later You know, if Your people aren't paying no mind; that is when "The Editor is really pushing for this piece..."