Broken bushing in pedestal base

Has anyone had to deal with a broken bushing for their pedestal seat base? It looks like a plastic bushing that is inserted into the base for the seat post clip to lock into. Is it repaired by taking off the base from underneath the deck or is this the bushing that is driven in through the top using the wooden mandrel that Springfield sells as part of the repair kit. I’ve looked through other forums and can’t tell which it is for PHX repairs.
    Last edited by Jack D; 06-11-2018 at 05:22 PM.

2. Member
    I had a broken one when I first bought my boat. Get the old one out and glue the new one in. Use the wooden dowel to hammer it in. Taking the old one out is not the easiest task......

3. Member
    Ground a large screwdriver to sharpen a bit. Hammered down one side of the broken bushing. Pulled out with needle nose pliers. Apply the glue they send with and drive the new one in. Phoenix sent the bushing, wooden driver and glue in a package to the house.

Thanks for the feedback!

5. Member
    I've replaced my front one twice in 5 years. You can get the part from Tim at Phoenix. Like others said, cut the other one out and put the new one in. I will say that the first one I had done at my dealer and it was egged and the seat post would not go in. You would have thought the guy might have checked it, nope!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34