Best bow mount for HDS 12...

Replacing my HDS 7 at bow with a 12. Looking at Balzout and Kong. Anyone out there with experience with either of these please chime in. Also open to other suggestions. Thanks

2. Member
    I have the Kong with 0 complaints. Solid as a rock, but I’ve also heard good things about the ballzout. Kong is pricier if he two

3. Member
    Balzout is the way to go. Very adjustable and locks down tight. Use the standard 6" arm, install a starboard backer plate under there and you got a solid mount for whatever size graph you want to install.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    I use a Balzout on the bow and it is rock solid.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

5. Member
    Balzout for me also on my Eyra with Lowrance HDS9 GenII. I'm a little different in that I always take my graph off for trailering AND if the water is rough coming back in to the landing. Not needed at those times anyway so why stress the infrastructure?

BassCatSC

Robert

2013 Eyra

6. Member
    I have had no issues trailering, but sometimes I do loosen the main knuckle and let the unit touch the carpet to take added stress off from wind and bumps. No doubt a rock solid mount and with the oversized backer plate it really strengthens it up.

Decided to go with Balzout. Riverrat what is the starboard backing plate you are speaking of?

Balzout

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    Decided to go with Balzout. Riverrat what is the starboard backing plate you are speaking of?
    I cut one out of a poly cutting board. I installed it on the underside of the top cap to essentially sandwich that between the fiberglass and the mount. Makes it much more stable. Just cut it an inch or so larger than the base of your mount. You can get the material from Walmart. Just buy a cutting board and use a 6” hole saw to make the plate.