Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    So ND ranks in the top 10 for alien/ufo sightings, I saw this at Hardee's (Carl's Sr.) today at lunch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

That's amazing!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    So ND ranks in the top 10 for alien/ufo sightings, I saw this at Hardee's (Carl's Sr.) today at lunch
    I'm a believer now!!
    Hi Mike.

4. Banned
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    YouTube will make you Cray Cray.

6. Banned
    YouTube will make you Cray Cray.

That is a short putt.

7. Member
    I think I remember from years ago that there was some group that put together a formula to calculate the chances that we would encounter aliens. The formula took into account time as a variable. The time component essentially meant that there may have been advanced civilizations in other parts of the universe but that they would need to exist in the same time as we exist so that a visit could occur. The next variable was the time it took to travel and the vast expanse of the universe that they would visit our particular planet. If I remember correctly there was a high percentage that life existed on other planets but the odds went down as you started adding in the level of technological advancement so that they would be advanced enough to visit us during the time that we exist. Thats is about all I got out of the formula because I'm one of the 4 out 3 people that have trouble with math

8. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Essentially the formula said that us and the alien species would need to exist at the same time. Then the time to get here from where every they are would be so long that we wouldn't be here when the got here.
    Or time would some how need to be warped so that the travel would be so much faster than the speed of light.
    All the real variables mean that is very unlikely any aliens could visit us in the time that we are on this planet.
    So visitors are impossible? well maybe..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Essentially the formula said that us and the alien species would need to exist at the same time. Then the time to get here from where every they are would be so long that we wouldn't be here when the got here.
    Or time would some how need to be warped so that the travel would be so much faster than the speed of light.
    All the real variables mean that is very unlikely any aliens could visit us in the time that we are on this planet.
    So visitors are impossible? well maybe..
    I think another variable they added was that if you are traveling at the speed of light that time changes so even if they left today to visit us, given the distance and speed of light travel, the planet could be dead by the time they arrive. I'm not saying I completely understood the math behind this but the theory behind it did make some sense.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    You can observe evolution every single year when the flu virus mutates and is no longer affected by the previous year's flu shot nor do people who had the flu the previous year have resistance to it. Bacteria that has become resistant to antibiotics is another example. Evolution as a rule is something that takes thousands or millions of years to take place on the scale you're going to come back at me with, but in essence is exactly what we observe in real time as viruses mutate and bacteria become resistant to antibiotics: the members of a population with some desirable trait (for bacteria, for example, that's the ability to not be affected by some antibiotic) are the ones that survive and pass on these traits to their descendants. Then the descendants have that trait and, in the bacteria example, now form an entire population that is not affected by that antibiotic.

If you want it on a human scale, one good example might be the observation that humans on average have become taller over hundreds of years. It's not hard to argue that being tall is often a desirable trait (women all around like tall men), so over time these are the men most likely to "win" a mate and reproduce. Their offspring are more likely to be tall. Over time, the whole population becomes taller. On that note, the types of people having kids now vs those who choose not to makes me worry for the future of mankind, but I digress.

Just because you don't "believe" in something doesn't make it not true. There are countless other examples where evolution can be confirmed via DNA links. Maybe the best example is the link between dinosaurs and our modern day birds. I'm guessing you don't believe in that either, though.
    Well said. Iv'e seen numerous believer vs. atheist/ agnostic threads in the last 20 years and rarely does anyone change their side.

11. Banned
    I think another variable they added was that if you are traveling at the speed of light that time changes so even if they left today to visit us, given the distance and speed of light travel, the planet could be dead by the time they arrive. I'm not saying I completely understood the math behind this but the theory behind it did make some sense.

Thats the reasoning behind "bending space" If You left tomorrow for Planet NitroZ7 and let Us type that it is near wherever; By the time You arrived @ NZ7, everyone who knew You when You left, would be 'gone' by the time You got back. Hence that real smart guy, Alfred Epstein opining that 'time' is an illusion. Incidentally Al dreamt this during a "thought experiment" Also known as a NAP.

That is why it is important to document Your dreams (those are actually 'instructions') but that is another thread.

Look UP...

12. Banned

Thats the reasoning behind "bending space" If You left tomorrow for Planet NitroZ7 and let Us type that it is near wherever; By the time You arrived @ NZ7, everyone who knew You when You left, would be 'gone' by the time You got back. Hence that real smart guy, Alfred Epstein opining that 'time' is an illusion. Incidentally Al dreamt this during a "thought experiment" Also known as a NAP.

That is why it is important to document Your dreams (those are actually 'instructions') but that is another thread.

Look UP...

https://www.space.com/21675-time-travel.html

13. Member
    When they tried to bend space they ended up in hell. I forgot the name of that movie but it was pretty good.

14. Scraps
    My ex was sent. I'm convinced.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    My ex was sent. I'm convinced.

16. Member
    Kid I grew up with had three testicles ,we called him three-peat........his name was Peter.
    Question everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    But everyone WILL be one day.
    ^Oops. Drop the mic.^

But this is always entertaining.
    Last edited by HaulinBass; 06-17-2018 at 07:10 AM.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910