Live well over flow drain ????

Where is the location of the live well over flow drain in a 2004 champion 206. My live wells are filling up to the very top. Shouldn't the over flow drain be located lower on the side wall ?
    Mark

2004 ChampioN 206
    225 Mercury Opti

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The overflow is located high up in the well. You cannot see it unless you stick your head in the well and look for it under the rim (or use a mirror ).

I think some of the newer aerators can fill faster than the drain can let out. Not sure on this I'm sure someone else will know though.
    My favorite color is clear.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Could happen when changing the Aerate pump with a higher flow than the original. I never let mine fill higher than the top of the mixing tube of the PowerStream Aerator. The small hole in it is the venturi that mixes air in the recirculated water and injects it back into the livewell.

https://flow-rite.com/sites/all/file...613.1528721555

Quote Originally Posted by bass101 View Post
    I think some of the newer aerators can fill faster than the drain can let out. Not sure on this I'm sure someone else will know though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Could happen when changing the Aerate pump with a higher flow than the original. I never let mine fill higher than the top of the mixing tube of the PowerStream Aerator. The small hole in it is the venturi that mixes air in the recirculated water and injects it back into the livewell.

https://flow-rite.com/sites/all/file...613.1528721555
    Them right there ^ yep!

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    As Reggie said, replacing the Aerator pump with a more powerful one is a mistake. The overflow simply cannot keep up with the higher volume of water.

7. Member
    This doesn't solve the problem of the pump bringing water in faster than it can drain out the overflow, but it does solve the problem of being able to add additional water over the venturi tube and still have the hydro-air operate correctly. I did this on mine a few years back; it's easy to do and made a world of difference!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=56584

Lea, any way to make this a sticky? It could be very beneficial for anyone that's newer to the board.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Most, sadly, do not view stickeys. Already a bunch being ignored.

Any yes, not installing a too powerful pump over the originals DOES resolve the issue of bringing in water faster than overflow can handle. Not understanding why you deny this.....

9. Member
    I have a 750gph aerator pump in my '99 203. Livewells have never overflowed. Not sure if that is the original size pump or not though. I also have done the air hose mod for my hydro air system. Great way to get fresh air into the livewells as well as letting the system work completely full of water.

Lea he's not denying it he's saying that his solution doesn't solve the problem of bringing in to much water. It does solve the problem of too much water in the well that covers the Venturi tube outlet but does not overflow the well. At least that's what I got out of it.

BassinB, IIRC the 203 overflow will go out the overflow tube and then if there's still too much spill into the bilge.

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I have stickied the Hydro Air upgrade install....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Lea he's not denying it he's saying that his solution doesn't solve the problem of bringing in to much water. It does solve the problem of too much water in the well that covers the Venturi tube outlet but does not overflow the well. At least that's what I got out of it.
    This^

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    I have stickied the Hydro Air upgrade install....