Thread: Ultex Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ultex Issue

Well I almost got tossed out of the boat yesterday. I stepped on the momentary button on the foot pedal and it was on high! I had the dial set to 4. I turned the remote on and set the speed to 4 and used the remote to operate the tm and it worked fine. as soon as I pressed on the momentary button on the foot pedal the remote speed indicator went to 10! After about 10-15 minutes of use it would finally work as it should. This happened 2-3 times during the day.

Has anyone else experienced this??
    1997 Champion 186 Elite
    1997 Johnson 175HP Fast Strike 25 Renegade
    MinnKota Talon
    Lowrance Electonics

2. Member
    Yep, mine did the same thing except I didn't have the remote with me to see if that worked. Called MK and they said it was likely a bad board and I had to get it to a repair center. Been there for a couple of weeks now as the boards are on back order.

DJ
    2013 Skeeter 21i - 250 SHO

[QUOTE=_DJ;9424350]Yep, mine did the same thing except I didn't have the remote with me to see if that worked. Called MK and they said it was likely a bad board and I had to get it to a repair center. Been there for a couple of weeks now as the boards are on back order.

Great! If they are on back order then they must be having issue's...not what I wanted to hear lol

Thanks
    1997 Champion 186 Elite
    MinnKota Talon
    Lowrance Electonics

4. Member
    [QUOTE=javelinbass;9424418]
    Quote Originally Posted by _DJ View Post
    Yep, mine did the same thing except I didn't have the remote with me to see if that worked. Called MK and they said it was likely a bad board and I had to get it to a repair center. Been there for a couple of weeks now as the boards are on back order.

Great! If they are on back order then they must be having issue's...not what I wanted to hear lol

Thanks
    I hear ya. Sucks!! I was really looking forward to my annual early June trip to Erie with spot lock and all the other bells and whistles. Denied!! Lol

Hey keep us posted on how you make out over on the “Ultrex going back to MinnKota” thread!!
    2013 Skeeter 21i - 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javelinbass View Post

Thanks
    Not necessarily. They're running behind in production on new Ultrex's and may be using the boards to get the new ones out.
    BTW, just checked stock and both the 24 and 36V boards are available.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

I checked as well, both in stock.

where is the serial number located on the TM?
    1997 Champion 186 Elite
    MinnKota Talon
    Lowrance Electonics