What are these vertical lines?

Last weekend they weren't there, this weekend they were. As a whole my screens were much less clear. I had to run the sensitivity down in the mid-low 60s to clear up the clutter. There was a big storm last Tuesday that stained the water up and I am wondering if all the clutter was stuff stirred up from the storm as well. Anyway, please let me know if you think you can help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by janky; 06-11-2018 at 10:17 AM.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks like interference from another unit.,
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Would that randomly just start happening? The only other unit is at my console.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Was the unit on at the time you were on the bow?? I know on mine sometimes it pretty strong and other times not.....next time out make sure the "other" unit is turned off.

5. Member
    Ok. Thanks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Was the unit on at the time you were on the bow?? I know on mine sometimes it pretty strong and other times not.....next time out make sure the "other" unit is turned off.
    So the transducer is intermittently stronger when it wants to be? And then randomly causes interference with another unit? This makes no sense. Please explain...

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I didnt say one was stronger than the other.....when you have two transducers on two different units running at the same frequency, you will get crosstalk/inteference between the two of them and will cause vertical lines on the screen.....i'm no expert on this but the closer they are the worse it can be.....

Also what i suggested to the OP, is just a "guess" cause i wasnt there using the units. So starting out with the obvious.....if thats not the issue then we can try and figure out what it may be.

8. Banned
    Looks like the transducer is messed up. Put it up on the swap and sell board (yup, there's a few on there, many w/o a transducer) and get a Ranger owner to buy it. You may want to try a HB unit there.