Thread: Watts Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Was back on Watts Bar today. I am still struggling to find a pattern.
    Find the grass and find the fish. There are some fish pulling out but haven't found any big schools yet. Everything is running behind schedule this year due to the cooler water temps but it's rising quick and triggering some deeper bites.

2. Member
    Caught one offshore about 13’ deep. Saw some fish off ledges 15-20’ but couldnt get bit.

Found 1 small school of fish in 18-20 ft of water this morning but could only get 1 to bite. It was a 3 lbr Went to an offshore area in 8-10 ft and caught 8 keeper fish from 2 1/2 to 3 on big worms. Got 2nd in the Sunday morning tournament and off the water at 1:00 We checked several areas and the bite was tough until the 8 fish spurt which was over in about an hour.

4. Member
    Good info. Thank you.

Best thing ive seen at WB is carp killin with a bowfishing setup at night! :)
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Member
    re "find the weeds".... Where might I start to look? Not specifically, obviously.

But, inside of curves? Outside of curves? back in little bays? Shallow flats? Where, generally, do weeds grown in a river/lake system? Never fished this stuff before.

I did find some weeds on Chick last year, but there were boats on each side of me in the middle of the week. thanks

7. Member
    i have found some hydrilla on WB in the creeks or bays off the main channel. The ones i've located start about 1/3 of the way inside the pocket,in about 12ft of water. Find ones with bait and fishin gets fun in a hurry.. Hope this helps.

8. Member
    Thank you. So, look in bays...look about 1/3 in...now I have to figure out what weeds look like on m H'bird. Ha Ha!!! I haven't seen any since I put this FF on my boat.

I believe this site has an "Interpretation" section for the H'birds.
    I'll do some reading and thank you all for being so very helpful to this old guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12