Replacing a trailer for a 95 Stratos 275 Pro XL

It appears that I need some major repairs to my 95 Stratos Pro XL trailer. I am told by the local repair shop that I need a new axle which has to be welded on by a fab shop, complete braking system, bearings, etc.. Since the cost will be very high plus, I will have to wait over a month or more for the axle to be ordered and the shop to have an opening a few people have suggested that I just buy a new replacement trailer. I was wondering if anyone else has gone this route and what all it involves. Also, I live in Northern New York, so if anyone has any suggestions for a reputable dealer in the Northeast, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Replacing an axle is trivial for any competent welder, and the cost of a fully assembled axle with brakes and everything will be around 1/4 of what a new trailer would cost you. Though some axles have to be welded on, most are simple bolt on installations if you actually order the right custom axle. You aren't going to get a new trailer in a month.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I had a Stratos trailer under my Stratos, but when I could put my finger through it, I bought a Load Rite galvanized. It ain't pretty but now it's over 10 years old and still no rust, it's pretty to me.

X2 on the load rite trailer. I got an aluminum one and it is awesome.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

5. Member
    I wanted to explore all possible options before making a decision. I contacted several dealers throughout the northeast as registered re-sellers of both EZ-Loader and Load Rite. Of the ones that got back to me none were able to help me. I even received a quote for a custom trailer but was beyond my budget. My local trailer guy ordered a custom one through Dexter and it will take 3-5 weeks to get. I have a welding/fab shop that will do the welding for me so maybe I will get to use my boat by the end of July. It's a good thing we have a lot of tournaments around here so I can fish as a coangler until its fixed.

6. Member
    You don't want a welded together trailer it will rust. Call Dave's Trailer Sales in Glen Burnie Maryland. As a matter of fact there must be several trailer makers in the Northeast that would love to sell you a trailer. Get on the internet.

7. Member
    https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa...615362934.html
    trailer for 17/21' boat new tires wheel bearings disc brakes - $900 (pasadena)