Excessive Oil In Vst

Sorry didn't realize I had selected wrong category. 1997 150 EFI #0G540449. Would not start, fuel pressure about 15 psi. Found more oil than fuel in vst. Drained vst and pumped fresh fuel into and fuel pressure came up and motor started. Let sit for 2 days and did same thing. I suspected the valve on bottom of vst but I had one go out on a previous motor and it pushed fuel into oil line and oil tank on motor. Can oil get past the mechanical pump when not running? I thought the valve on vst was just a one way valve to let oil in and block fuel out

2. Member
    check the checkvalve on crankcase make sure its relieving pressure on system, fitting below starter,also check and make sure seal on backside of pump not pushed out, if boat tank is staying pressured up more than 3 or 4 min check valve bad
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Great, thanks for quick reply and good info. That makes perfect sense. I will check and I bet you are right.

4. Member
    Thanks for info Joe54 you were correct. Even after setting another couple of days, when I disconnected hose from valve it still had pressure. Replaced valve with new updated one that is smaller in size. Thanks again