Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deerfarmer View Post
    I also have a echomap chirp 93sv that I currently use a ps31 transducer. So if I’m reading all the comments correctly the new lvs32 transducer isn’t compatible with my unit. Can someone explain the different between an echomap chirp and a echomap plus. I thought the only different was the plus unit has wi-fi.
    The plus unit also has touchscreen. I have never seen the actual specs of the processor/ram on them. i bet the plus model has an upgrade to these to run the touch. I have had all the versions of the echomap series and the plus version does seem snappier with button presses.

2. Member
    So true! They, like all manufactures, are after money!

In terms of retro-compatibility, lowrance is doing better! HB is no good and let’s see how Garmin does!

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_allen View Post
    I agree that they probably could have had the older echomap (chirp, but not not plus) versions working with the livescope since it does have the required port. I do understand why they don't though..$$...keeps you purchasing new plotters. If you really think about it, the most innovation has came in transducers (across all brands) the last few years. The chartplotters have really only gotten bigger screens and touch screens. So if they make the new transducers work with older plotters, then you wouldn't have to put as much cash on the table.

I'm sure their marketing group has done research on both ways to see which way makes the most profit. Apparently requiring people to buy a new plotter to get the transducer is overall the most sales. Most people must be willing to spend the extra cash to make it happen! I'm sure they do miss out on some sales where people don't want to upgrade their plotters to get the tech, but they must be the minority.

3. Member
    I was sold a Garmin GPSMAP 742xs and panoptix transducer and cant see it on my unit can anybody tell me if this unit works with panoptix ans how to operate I am at my witts end please any help will be appreciated

4. Member
    which panoptix is it?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213