Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Sorry but disappointing.
    Thousands of $$$$

2. Member
    "Have a great Honda guy up this way if you have parts trouble."

MikeF if you could pm me his name and phone number. I need a new prop and have some questions. Thanks

3. Member
    PM sent

4. Banned
    You talking about Frank @ Calumet Marine.?

5. Member
    Yes

Sent PM as I don't think he is a site sponsor and did not want to ruffle feathers.

6. Member
    Thanks MikeF got the PM. I will contact him this week.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    X2

I have been using a PS21 on a "stick" setup for the last year with a SI transducer mounted on a Terrova with spot lock.

Slicker than "snot on a door knob" for crappie and smbass fishing.

Especially when just bumping along with Panoptix transducer pointed 90 degrees towards shore line.
    See something on the Panoptix or Sideimaging, drop a waypoint, hit "GoTo" on HBscreen and Tmotor pulls boat over to waypoint as I step up to bow with rod in hand.

Get to waypoint, spotlock auto engages upon arrival, spin Panoptix to locate structure/fish, catch fish.
    Absoluty Deadly.

Always wondered how the bass guys could use it effectively mounted on a Tmotor, constantly moving transducer while trying to hold position.

I have a PS30 on the transom, but sometimes I turn it off and point the PS21 to the rear while trolling for walleye and salmon and watch fish hit the lures just for fun.
    Would it be possible to post some pics of your "stick"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    thats what im wondering. i need at least 100 ft range
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Off the cuff, I would say 80 ft. I have seen fish over 100 but I'd have to so some serious setup and testing to say more. I'm talking about individual fish, not schools. I'm sure schools will show up well past 100. Bigger target, stronger returns. Biggest plus for me has been to be able to clearly separate schools of bait from schools of fish to catch.
    I'd like to know for sure myself. I believe Garmin said out to 200ft. But I think LWINCHESTER2 is probably more correct.

Garmin states the Supported Frequencies are 530 - 1,100 kHz and I'm told the frequencies are not adjustable.

9. Member
    Yes I'd really like to see some more videos from regular users. Also wondering how long till Garmin starts producing a unit with the ultra HD transducer being built in instead of an add on module, same thing with this Live Scope.. Yes it would be $$$$$$ but so are these add ons.

10. Member
    I don't think you will get a definitive answer soon. We fish different kinds of water and different depths. We also have different standards as to what we consider acceptable. Some of the single returns I saw at 100 and 110 ft were quite weak. For me, I want to know if it's fish, how deep they are and how far away they are. Sure it would look better if it showed up as clear, distinct and red as the crappie do at 30 ft, but that doesn't bother me. It still tells me what I want to know, where the fish are. Once you get that far away though, say 110, I would say that smaller individual fish would not show up at all.

Now I know that this probably doesn't pertain to most of you. Most of the fishermen I know are bass fishermen. My preference is walleye and generally, on my lake they go quite deep. Baitfish also go deep. I see schools 80 and 100 ft deep. I am expecting that the LiveScope will tell me what I am looking at when my fish go that deep. Is it bait or is it fish I can catch? LiveScope is far better than the other Panoptix transducers doing that. I'll have to wait another month to be able to say from experience how it does at those depth ranges, but I think it will work. We'll see.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    The network plug on the gls10 looks like a nmea2000 connection. I'm confused now, are they using nmea2000 as the network cable for the panoptix livescope?

12. Member
    Where on the trolling motor, is the best place to mount the livescope transducer?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHG View Post
    Where on the trolling motor, is the best place to mount the livescope transducer?
    IDK. I've had mine on the shaft since I got it a couple months ago and haven't had any reason to switch. I couldn't switch easily if I wanted to as I have two other transducers on the barrel.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    The network plug on the gls10 looks like a nmea2000 connection. I'm confused now, are they using nmea2000 as the network cable for the panoptix livescope?
    That was my thought as it densest look like the other Panoptix network cables. Not sure about the NMEA connection but similar.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Member
    Might be a stupid question (most of mine are) how do you see the end result of this during ohh say an flw event with like Scott Martin... do you think some bird and Lowrance guys will have tape over a certain unit on their bow haha

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MybestfriendRockie View Post
    Might be a stupid question (most of mine are) how do you see the end result of this during ohh say an flw event with like Scott Martin... do you think some bird and Lowrance guys will have tape over a certain unit on their bow haha
    Nope, not from what I've seen. Yes it looks really neat and tool may end up being useful but will need to see how it could help those guys catch more fish. They all get paid by their sponsers, don't see anyone willing to risk that for this.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    Nope. It's ethernet. New cable comes in two parts. Cable has both ends like what you are talking about. Wired with 9 wires, round on each end. 8 for ethernet and 1 for continuity of the ground garmin uses. Then there is a short adapter cable to switch it to Garmin RJ45 to connect to the MFD. If you look at the Garmin RJ45 connectors, you'll see metal on the outside. That's the ground connecting to the 9th wire in this cable.

Yea, I know. Why not just use the standard network cables with grounded RJ45 on each end?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHG View Post
    I've tried it in both places. I like the shaft mount better.

19. Member
    I "assume" you can split the screen to see down and forward at the same time?

John

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    I "assume" you can split the screen to see down and forward at the same time?

John
    No. You have to move the transducer for forward or down. You could view down imaging with the livescope forward or maybe regular panoptix pointing down with livescope forward

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast