Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Fishing tonight!!!!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Todd, I'm guessing you've been using this on rayburn and toledo. How does it work seeing fish in the brush piles or around the stumps or trees? Like a bass on a stump or tree that is laying on bottom? Typical toledo or rayburn offshore stuff?

3. Member
    I found some stuff and am posting a link to it on my Google drive.

Now guys, know that the crappie videos are real-time, uneditted, so the trolling motor is turning around a lot and some of it may look really good and some not so good.
    The RangeVariations are some crappie next to a bridge pier.
    I never found my deep water stuff. May have lost it. It is something I can do again as I fish deep water quite often. As I recall, I could see fish just past 100 ft deep and if I remember right 40 ft or so away. This was singles. Schools of course can been seem much, much farther. Past 100 ft though I wasn't impressed. I do recall catching fish with it that I saw at 70 and 80 feet. At 70 and 80 feet I have a lot of confidence in it. At 100, I'm not so sure. I think sometimes fish are there and it doesn't detect them. Also when I was doing this deep fishing I had AHRS off because the xd was mounted on the torpedo. Now I have it on the shaft. I like the shaft mounting much better. One last point. If you're going to use a long range or fish deep water, you're going to need at least a 9" screen. The targets just get too small and can be missed visually using a small screen or a smaller portion of a big screen. I'm talking 100 ft either way.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H_..._YJ6GbdK_9GAvP
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 06-11-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I did record one crappie video that I was especially proud of. Found it a while ago and looked at it. It was terrible. I don't know what happened. It was all pixelated and goofy. It was not what I saw on the screen or afterwords when I looked at it on the computer. I'm really disappointed because it illustrated something that nothing else compares to. I was parallel to the bank, shooting down the bank and seeing spawning crappie. Now if you'll think about that, I think you would agree that this would be a tough thing for any type of sonar to do well.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Figures its not combatible with Echomap chirp units my 93 svs are only a little over a year old and now outdated [BS]

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    Figures its not combatible with Echomap chirp units my 93 svs are only a little over a year old and now outdated [BS]
    Unfortunately Garmin is not the only company that has this situation when new stuff comes out.....

7. Member
    Unfortunately Garmin is not the only company that has this situation when new stuff comes out.....

Welll... sort off

The previous Panoptix units were self contained and compatable MFDs had a dedicated Panoptix port and the MFD was simple a display which indicated that they would continue forward being self contained.
    The PS 22 introduction just reinforced that indication of continuation of being self contained.

Now they have gone back to what I call their "box" system, which requires the MFD to connect to a separate module for the different equipment.

I would have no complaint if simply a new cable purchase was required to connect the MFDs with dedicated Panoptix ports to the new Panoptix module.
    I would think since it has a separate module now, still self contained, software could have been added to the module to facilitate the connection to the dedicated Panoptix port.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/591379

8. Banned
    it's the same thing navico does. new tech comes out in a black box and is then built into the units in the future. new units are coming. the 7600 is prime for update

9. Member
    Is there just one color pallet currently?

10. BBC SPONSOR
    No if I remember right there are at least 8 color pallets

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Todd, I'm guessing you've been using this on rayburn and toledo. How does it work seeing fish in the brush piles or around the stumps or trees? Like a bass on a stump or tree that is laying on bottom? Typical toledo or rayburn offshore stuff?
    Of course, it depends on the complexity/thickness of the cover. Relative to stumps and standing timber/trees, yes fish are easy to see whether they are moving or stationary simply by the target separation provided by LiveScope. Note that with all of the Panoptix technology, any fish movement makes it that much easier to delineate fish from cover.

With planted brushpiles, if the piles are old enough to be missing leaves, yes you can see fish suspended within the branches inside the pile (as well as all the fish suspended around the perimeter of the pile). The newest brushpiles with leaves still intact make it harder simply due to the thickness of cover (no different than trying to see fish inside of submerged grass).
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    I agree with Todd on this. All my brush piles are older and it is fairly easy to separate fish from wood. The two lakes I fish the most make Toledo and Rayburn look like ski lakes. One thing I have noticed is that a stationary fish in the grass usually shows up a little brighter than the rest of the grass.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Member
    I also have a echomap chirp 93sv that I currently use a ps31 transducer. So if I’m reading all the comments correctly the new lvs32 transducer isn’t compatible with my unit. Can someone explain the different between an echomap chirp and a echomap plus. I thought the only different was the plus unit has wi-fi.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Of course, it depends on the complexity/thickness of the cover. Relative to stumps and standing timber/trees, yes fish are easy to see whether they are moving or stationary simply by the target separation provided by LiveScope. Note that with all of the Panoptix technology, any fish movement makes it that much easier to delineate fish from cover.

With planted brushpiles, if the piles are old enough to be missing leaves, yes you can see fish suspended within the branches inside the pile (as well as all the fish suspended around the perimeter of the pile). The newest brushpiles with leaves still intact make it harder simply due to the thickness of cover (no different than trying to see fish inside of submerged grass).
    Thanks

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I found some stuff and am posting a link to it on my Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H_..._YJ6GbdK_9GAvP

Wow is about all I can say.

16. Member
    Where is best place to order?

17. Member
    Wish I wasn’t so invested in Humminbird.

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd8335r View Post
    Where is best place to order?
    From the guy that started the whole thread!!!! Brian @ BBG Marine.....give him a PM or phone call.

How about fish around/under docks? Specifically shallow docks. Ty

So you could run a 93sv plus w/o transducer ($850) and this ($1500) as a stand alone? $2350 total
    Last edited by MonteSS; 06-12-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast