Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    This is a live view of what is happening where the transducer is pointed.

If transducer is mounted to a trolling motor with spot lock, I cannot use spot lock and livescope at the same time, correct?
    PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Lake Texoma (TX/OK)

2. Member
    Did you catch this angle? Regular Panopitx LiveVu Forward doesn see back behind you too. Notice the "0" for boat location.

From the website:
    Frequency 530-1,100 kHz
    Power 500W
    Beamwidth 20 x 135
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Have a look at this new transducer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I have been running Panoptix for a couple months now and its been great. I was just telling my friend the other day , how it would be great it would be to have panoptix show the actual fish vs the blob that it shows now.

I see that its a new transducer that gives both front and down view. I have the PS31. Is there any information that tells you if they can be upgraded with software. Or does it mean would have to buy the new transducer
    2017 G3 Sportsman 17
    70 Yamaha
    80# Minn Kota Ultrex
    Garmin 93 plus at bow with Panoptix PS31
    Garmin 93 plus at console

5. Member
    No doubt, dwillisfish, it's a new purchase. It's a black box system; box and transducer and connects to the MFD via ethernet.

6. Member
    Well. That's a bummer. Have only had Panoptix for a short time. Now I will have to make a possibly 'expensive' decision...

Like ring fry and shooter, I've been testing LiveScope for several months, and I've been blown away by its performance. Previous Panoptix versions were great, but LiveScope is much better relative to clarity and target separation, particularly when fish are close to the bottom instead of suspended. I intentionally spent a lot of time testing it around bottom-hugging schools of yellow bass (barfish), ranging in size from 4-10 inches. I had no issues at all seeing returns from individual fish this small when right on the bottom, when running a good functional forward range of 70 feet.
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by TripletsFish View Post
    If transducer is mounted to a trolling motor with spot lock, I cannot use spot lock and livescope at the same time, correct?
    I have mine on an Ultrex. I run spot-lock a lot. Of course, with spot lock on, you are still viewing out in front of you but actual direction determined by spot-lock adjustments. I simply adjust the foot pedal manually to see where I want to see for a few seconds, then re-enable spot lock.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I have mine on an Ultrex. I run spot-lock a lot. Of course, with spot lock on, you are still viewing out in front of you but actual direction determined by spot-lock adjustments. I simply adjust the foot pedal manually to see where I want to see for a few seconds, then re-enable spot lock.
    Todd - This is what I do as well. Saturday I located a school of bass feeding on Shad. I hit spot lock . When I did not see the shad at the top of the water, I scanned the area to make sure the school was still there and they were. re-engaged the spot lock.
    2017 G3 Sportsman 17
    70 Yamaha
    80# Minn Kota Ultrex

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Like ring fry and shooter, I've been testing LiveScope for several months, and I've been blown away by its performance. Previous Panoptix versions were great, but LiveScope is much better relative to clarity and target separation, particularly when fish are close to the bottom instead of suspended. I intentionally spent a lot of time testing it around bottom-hugging schools of yellow bass (barfish), ranging in size from 4-10 inches. I had no issues at all seeing returns from individual fish this small when right on the bottom, when running a good functional forward range of 70 feet.
    Todd - If I had any complaints about the current version would be the clarity and target separation. I can see how Live scope is now a huge advantage of see fish on the bottom like walleye or when fish are hugging structure. I still struggle telling when sunken trees or brush has fish when looking at panoptix, sometimes the blob just blends in.
    2017 G3 Sportsman 17
    70 Yamaha
    80# Minn Kota Ultrex

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Have a look at this new transducer.
    I guess you can only mount that Transducer on the transom? Are they going to come out with a trolling motor version?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    I guess you can only mount that Transducer on the transom? Are they going to come out with a trolling motor version?
    From their page you can do both

• LiveScope GLS 10 sonar black box
    • Panoptix LVS32 transducer
    • Trolling motor barrel mount
    • Trolling motor shaft mount
    • Transom mount
    • Power cable
    • 2 meter Garmin marine network cable, small connector
    • Network adapter cable
    • Mounting hardware
    • Documentation
    2017 G3 Sportsman 17
    70 Yamaha
    80# Minn Kota Ultrex

I guess I will have to give in and buy a new Echomap plus and live Scope to mount on the bow.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    I have mine on the trolling motor shaft. I would have mounted it on the barrel of the motor but I already have two transducers mounted on it. It will mount at either spot.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

15. Member
    Todd.......shallow water performance???????

I hope this works better than the PS22, which I have and has been disappointing.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member
    Shallow water is about all I fish. 18’ and under. In 6’ of water I have watched fish 25’ away swim toward the lure and swim away from the lure or boat. I have watched carp turn and swim away from the boat. And I could tell they were Carp because of their size and tail and fin pattern. Yes, really!!

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

How about vertical jigging applications?? say about 25 meters.
    I also run a PS 22 and I am quite disappointed for vertical jigging applications in more than 15 meters.

19. Banned
    It looks amazing. Almost like it was done in an aquarium. Can't wait to see some user vids on this. Hope it's as good as it looks.

20. Member
    I'll try to find something. Right now I'm a bit disorganized. Garmin sent me one to test in deeper water. Kept my wife, daughter, dog and cat hostage until they released it to keep me quiet. Just got them back. Later tonight I'll see what I can find. I did use it on crappie too. It's a WMCD; Weapon of Mass Crappie Destruction. Works pretty deep too. Not as deep as I sometimes fish but as deep as I most of the time fish. Unbelievable detail on fish and structure. Gotta go right now. More later.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast