Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Maybe to replace the 70dv which still wont work right with the ps21

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I finally finished installing livescope and was out to day. My observation of livescope on trolling motor shaft going down shoreline seemed pretty good basically see fish cast at them. I couldn’t believe how fast fish scatter when boat gets near fish 20 feet and they are going away in different directions.I like the idea of separate shaft for livescope but I don’t want to be messing around with more then trolling motor. The wind may be your best friend with livescope I kept transducer loose enough to turn on trolling motor to spin for adjustments.I would troll a shoreline with transducer at an angle so when going straight it would be targeting between my boat and shoreline.Wind blown point on spot lock fished from the back of boat turned transducer to face forward to back of boat wind keeps you straight but I did pickup back of boat keel that shows up in first 3 feet on chart plotter. I also tested jigging picks up 1/4 jig on superfluke great see it right at bottom at 30 feet see it pop up to 25 and drop seen fish come up and turn away. I messed with it for about 3 hours and the rain came. When going to your favorite spots when you stop take wind in consideration and adjust transducer before dropping trolling motor to your benefit. I really like chartplotter off the floor within arms reach for easy adjustments. I caught a few small bass today considered today a test run tested out my 9.9 Mercury kicker motor that was all gunked up running great now.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickershad View Post
    I finally finished installing livescope and was out to day. My observation of livescope on trolling motor shaft going down shoreline seemed pretty good basically see fish cast at them. I couldn’t believe how fast fish scatter when boat gets near fish 20 feet and they are going away in different directions.I like the idea of separate shaft for livescope but I don’t want to be messing around with more then trolling motor. The wind may be your best friend with livescope I kept transducer loose enough to turn on trolling motor to spin for adjustments.I would troll a shoreline with transducer at an angle so when going straight it would be targeting between my boat and shoreline.Wind blown point on spot lock fished from the back of boat turned transducer to face forward to back of boat wind keeps you straight but I did pickup back of boat keel that shows up in first 3 feet on chart plotter. I also tested jigging picks up 1/4 jig on superfluke great see it right at bottom at 30 feet see it pop up to 25 and drop seen fish come up and turn away. I messed with it for about 3 hours and the rain came. When going to your favorite spots when you stop take wind in consideration and adjust transducer before dropping trolling motor to your benefit. I really like chartplotter off the floor within arms reach for easy adjustments. I caught a few small bass today considered today a test run tested out my 9.9 Mercury kicker motor that was all gunked up running great now.
    I really like the way you have that mounted. My friend mounted his new 93sv on the rail of his pontoon boat right beside his seat and it really made viewing easy. He was able to split the screen 3 ways and still see fish on the side view.

4. Member
    Thanks Don I’m very happy with the Garmin on bow plate. I also want others to know l reinforced bow plate with 3/4 inch starboard on solid as a rock no flex at all within my reach for forward zooming not in my way on floor at all. I also stated on ram D mount in very rough conditions I’ll take it off the mount one power cable just push it in no need to screw plastic nut to tighten and Ethernet pulls right out. I pulled off yesterday when heavy rain came and cut my day short. I left ram arm on just took off chartplotter from Garmin bracket ram mounts when tight form a better stronger position when left on boat.

5. Banned
    Flickershad, if I can ask what color did you like the best for showing fish and brush.

6. Member
    Rocket man I always liked amber and blue on my Garmin livescope and my Humminbirds for side, down and now livescope.

7. Member
    I've posted some four more videos. A couple were just LiveScope and a couple were showing LiveScope and PS22 on the same screen. You have to remember than when you run the scale out there the targets get smaller, often very small. For example think of your face shown actual size on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. Now think of your face, shown to scale on the same piece of paper where the 11 inches represents 140 ft.

If you are thinking of running the LVS and PS22 at the same time, it works pretty well with minimal interference. I didn't see it here but I have seen it. This is not the ideal way to run either of these. There is just not enough screen space. Probably need a 16 inch to do it right.

Four videos and my comments.

OldAgeTooSlow
    I saw these bass but never noticed how fast they were moving towards me so overshot the cast and just couln't catch up to them. A couple of times you might see my lure. BTW the GT8 is not pointed down, slightly forward.

PS22 and LVS Bait
    Just showing a couple of bait schools. Note how far both will pick them up.

PS22 and LVS terrible settings.
    The spotted bass are showing in shallow water. I have the depth set to 100 because I and looking for walleye at 80. Even with terrible settings I saw these fish.

LVS-Spotted Bass can be anywhere
    Interesting that the pods seem to react to each other even being quite a distance apart. When you see pods at different depths, remember that I am moving the trolling motor. The ones that were on the screen are still there. I just moved the trolling motor and saw different one. If you like to fish for spotted bass this is a killer situation to have so many pods active in an area.

Here's the link. They are under August2018.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H_..._YJ6GbdK_9GAvP
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    PS22 and LVS Bait
    Just showing a couple of bait schools. Note how far both will pick them up.
    These are mounted on the same TM? They appear to be moving seaparately

9. Member
    Both transducers mounted on the torpedo pointed in the same direction. AHRS pointing icon goes crazy. Points this way, that way, moves around. You have to do a shaft mount for AHRS to work correctly.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Thanks for putting those up.

11. Member
    A lot of people have asked for comparisons between the LVS and PS22. It's not as simple as saying one is better than the other. The LVS is much more detailed. That is both its advantage and disadvantage. The farther you run the scale out and the deeper you make the scale the smaller the targets are on screen. At a range of 140 ft and depth of 100 ft, single targets show, but you might miss them. To correct for that I have been using the trails On feature to help. Separating bait from schools of catchable fish is a breeze. Fish scattered very, very, shallow, near the surface can get lost in the range numbers.

The PS22 on the other hand has larger, returns. That is its advantage and disadvantage. They are easier to see, even at extended ranges. It has a longer effective range. Those fish near the surface will be noticed easier. You can have some difficulty separating schools of bait from schools of fish, especially those the school tightly. Walleye school loosely and so it works well for them. Spots will generally have some individual fish out from the main body to identify them. White bass are tough to separate from bait. One thing that helps is to shorten the range. 70 ft works real well. Still you can never get the detail on the PS22 that is on the LVS. The LVS is a killer for crappie.

12. Banned
    Do you have any LVS videos of Crappie.? So far I dont see much difference from the PS 21.

13. Member
    LWINCHESTER2 Thanks for the videos!

I would like to see the same comparision of PS22 vs LVS showing some structure (rocks, brush piles, etc...)

I'm thinking of change my PS22 for the LVS, but still not sure if it worth.

14. Member
    Go back to Post #207 and click on the link. Look at the directory.

There is a huge difference in detail. That difference in detail is how you know when you see a school of fish whether it is a school of fish to catch or a school of bait. Another difference is in identifying fish next to the bottom. No contest here. LVS far ahead of PS22. I may be able to find something to illustrate this but right now operating both is a hindrance to my fishing. Splitting the screen like those shown is not how to use them. Just not enough screen space for either. Soon I'll be pulling the PS22 and going full time with the LVS. While the PS22 has some performance characteristics I like better than the LVS, today's fishing nailed the decision. I have to be able to separate schools of bait from schools of fish and I need that screen space for the LVS to quickly be able to identify what I'm looking at.

15. Member
    Here is an example of seeing closer to the bottom. If where you are fishing is dead flat there won't be this much difference. My fishing is almost always along some sort of incline, varying from a sheer drop to occasionally a gradual slope. There is no contest here. The LVS difference is dramatic. Not only that, this is a circumstance where just a little bit of improvement can make a dramatic difference in seeing and catching fish. I'm sure everybody that reads my posts is sick of hearing me tell about the times that the Vexilar Edge3 made a difference in seeing and catching walleye holding next to the bottom. This is better, far better. A tight 2d cone, regardless of whether its GT10, Vexilar or some other, can only show you one spot under the boat. The LVS appears to do that over whatever range you have it set to. For me, that is a game changer and it's been for crappie, bass and walleye.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 08-21-2018 at 10:55 AM.

16. Member
    Here are a couple of examples showing the LVS32 with better detail than the PS22. Later I will post some examples showing where the PS22 may be better.

17. Member
    those are dramatically better. Nice shots.

18. Member
    Where are y’all mounting the black box?

19. Member
    I put mine in a forward storage compartment. With the cable length you may not have much choice.

20. Member
    Most of the time I need to take the TM off the boat. Seems that may force me to put it on the bow somewhere to be able to unplug..

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast