Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lynx guys come in please

Give me a good review of the Lynx. Ride, handling, storage. Thinking about giving one a try. Especially the front storage. Wasn't real excited when I saw the layout. Wasn't sure the boxes were deep enough.

2. Member
    I can tell you the boxes are as deep as any bass boat made. I do not know about the other stuff you asked about.

Te center box is deep, the outside boxes are nearly against the hull. They can’t go deeper as the hull restricts them.

4. Member
    The box is pretty darn deep.

5. Member
    The right side storage is where I have my Plano boxes standing on end with the labels up. I think I have about 13 to 15 boxes there(Basscat can verify the exact number it will hold). The deck is so big I generally have all my rods I plan on using during the day on deck and very rarely do I need to go into the rod storage. I use the day box exclusively during the day as I store all the soft plastics, weights and hooks there. The left storage is for my life jackets etc. My rear storage is used for rain gear, cold weather gear, one large soft duffle bag on each side. I carry a lot of gear as once I load it on the boat it usually stays and I have not nearly filled all the storage up. The ride is best I have ever experienced, loaded in the heat with full tanks and just me 2 weeks ago I was running 72 and on the limiter with a 24p Fury( I have a new Fury 4 on the way). Handling is really good but it is not a Puma or Eyra, as it does not turn as quickly as those hotrods. The perfect boat for me as I had a Puma and the deck was too small for my old self. Quality is typical Basscat, better than the rest! I have a 250 Verado and I can't wait to see results on the new Merc V8's. If I were to order another boat right now it would be another Lynx.

That video is in the original Lynx prototype model and the production models are similar with more storage options in the box.

7. Member
    Good point BCB. This is the prototype model (rod locker opens opposite on production models I believe) and was shot on Mille Lacs when Ivan brought it up last year during the BASS AOY tourney for the ride and drive event. An incredible boat in every aspect. The ride out on the lake was nice and smooth considering the waves we were in. I've been in plenty of other boats out there and none rode as nice as the Lynx. It rode over the top of the waves so easy but when we did hit a big one it just absorbed it and cut right thru, always pushing the spray out low and away. We didn't do a top speed run on it cause my son didn't really want to go "that" fast, but we had it up to 55-60 range in some pretty decent chop.

If you get a chance to attend a ride and drive event, definitely go. Ivan is at most of them and there is probably only one guy that is a better BCB driver than him, and that is Rick.

I need the info as well! Please help us come to BCB
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    Thanks Brinson. That is the kind of review I'm looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to type that out. Anyone else? I know there are other Lynx owners on here.

10. Member
    I’ve had mine 2 months and the more I fish out of it the more I love it. I would agree on the handling, not quite as sharp as my puma but still very good and the ride is excellent. I keep my rain gear, spare life vests and clothes in the port locker. I store all my tackle in the 2 starboard lockers and also have several Plano boxes in the rod locker. I also keep the rods I’m using on that awesome front deck and rarely get in the rod locker during the day. The rear boxes are so big I keep tools, spare prop and helmet behind the drivers seat and leave the passenger side empty for my partner. The cockpit area feels deeper than my puma and sitting in the drivers seat feels more comfortable to me. I did 2 test rides in the lynx and spent some time on the trolling motor to make sure I could maneuver around docks and find it didn’t take long to get comfortable getting it in and out of tight places. I’ve got a 250 pro xs on the back, hole shot is good no matter the load and I’ve run in the mid 70s with a light load. Currently I’m running a 25 p fury 4. Personally I was a little skeptical about the layout when I first saw it but after test rides and ownership I have to say it works for me and I like it and if I was going to buy another boat without a doubt I would purchase another lynx.

11. Member
    Thank you Mobass. I'm a little surprised at the speed. I guess I was hoping it would be like my Puma was. It was a rocket. Mid 70's will work, as long as it holds that speed consistently.

12. Member
    105# more dry hull weight, 96" beam vs 94" on the Puma FTD, deeper hull. The Lynx is a larger boat. If you don't fish tournaments hang a 300 on it and speed should be very close to the Puma.

Quote Originally Posted by brinson View Post
    105# more dry hull weight, 96" beam vs 94" on the Puma FTD, deeper hull. The Lynx is a larger boat. If you don't fish tournaments hang a 300 on it and speed should be very close to the Puma.
    Just as a reference on speed. I had a puma ftd with the 250 pro xs that was a 77-78. Now have a Jag with a 350 verado that is a 77-79 mph. The lynx probably run best with a 300 if you want the similar performance to the pumaftd. I will be anxious to learn what the 300 pro xv 4 stroke V8 does on the that hull.

14. Member
    I would agree if max speed is important you better look at a 300 or don’t haul much gear. I did hit 76 once on a cool morning by myself with a light load. No matter the speed I’ve got a big grin on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

15. Member
    I guess I need to see one in person because the Lynx to me looks like it’s got less storage than my Caracal. Not sure why they didn’t use the same layout as the Caracal in the Lynx, would’ve made sense to me.
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brinson View Post
    Here is where I'm at. Don't fish many "organized" tournaments so the 250 limitation didn't affect me.

I am 100% happy with the Lynx. While I've reorganized my tackle many times and probably will yet again (I'm close to getting it how I want it!), I store all my terminal tackle and heavier baits (spinner baits, A-rigs, plastics, ect) in the rear compartments while my rods and lighter tackle (Crankbaits mainly) are stored in the center rod box. Keep in mind that these rear boxes are huge and easily hold all of my crap, much of what I probably don't need! Front right compartments has a couple small boxes that hold bug spray, spare line spools, fire extinguisher, rain gear, ect. while the left front box holds a couple extra spinning rods and my life jackets.

If I could order any boat again it would be another Lynx, hands down.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That video is in the original Lynx prototype model and the production models are similar with more storage options in the box.
    Why did they change the hinge location on the rod box for the production model? It seems like rods on the deck in the production model could get caught in the rod box door when closing it after taking another rod out. Is it an option to hinge the door the same way it was on the prototype?
    Last edited by mr.coon; 06-19-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

18. Member
    Here is a good video of a new Lynx’s performance that is barely broken in.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    Why did they change the hinge location on the rod box for the production model? It seems like rods on the deck in the production model could get caught in the rod box door when closing it after taking another rod out. Is it an option to hinge the door the same way it was on the prototype?
    I don't see how you would close the "center" rod box on a rod on deck- the port side is the same as all boats hing on gunnel side, as far as the center box goes in a single console it is better with the new hing position so you can sit where the passenger console would be and get in, a dual console there is probably no difference though
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Here is a good video of a new Lynx’s performance that is barely broken in.

Excellent video on the Lynx and performance testing.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast