Thread: Fuel question

Fuel question

2018 20PHX w/ 250 ProXS, after idling for a while as in scanning around looking at ledges or just idling thru long no wake zones my Mercury will suddenly die on me because its not getting fuel. I can go back to the bulb in the gas line and it'll be empty and compressed. Pump it back up again and it'll fire right up and run. Only does this when idling alot. Any solutions?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HLG View Post
    2018 20PHX w/ 250 ProXS, after idling for a while as in scanning around looking at ledges or just idling thru long no wake zones my Mercury will suddenly die on me because its not getting fuel. I can go back to the bulb in the gas line and it'll be empty and compressed. Pump it back up again and it'll fire right up and run. Only does this when idling alot. Any solutions?
    The hose from the tank to the engine is likely partially kinked where it comes around the corner of the tank. It is likely cut a little short.

3. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    It's been a common problem with a few 2018 models from Phoenix being shipped with bad primer bulbs. Take it back to your dealer and have them replace under warranty and scan the engine also for any fault codes.

4. Member
    I had similar problems and it's the pulse pump on your motor. Super easy fix plus its under warranty

5. Member
    Bad bulb...... Had the same problem

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades