Thread: Merc 150hp

Merc 150hp

I am currently running a Trophy 24 pitch 4 blade SS prop right now on a 481s ranger. with a Black max 150. At full throttle I get around 52-55 mph and pretty much maxed out on RPM 5800 . I would like a little more top end speed I know a 3 blade should give me that but then It might bring RPMS over . so my question is what pitch to go with on a 3 blade and keep my RPMS at or just under the 5800 RPM

2. Member
    There will be some guys come along that know a lot more than I do about props but it sounds like you have a lot slip going on. Do you know what your prop to pad measurement is? If your MPH and RPM's are correct I would lower it a bit to see if I could get some better bite. Also what do you know about the Trophy? It may need some attention. Like I said early some of the prop gurus will come along and offer better advise.

3. Member
    25m or25 tempest is my guess but I'll listen in to the other. I agree sound like u have lots of prop slip if your only getting that mph out of that prop

Even pitch trophys are notorious for being out of whack and slipping badly. Send it to Mark for a B&B, tell him how it's running and he'll fix it. Guaranteed.