Thread: im confused

im confused

so bought for first boat (used). It has Lowrance electronics. Specifically the hook series and has a hockey puck gps unit mounted on the back. I have a chance to get a min Kota Ultrex TM. It says it has a built in transducer, and it also has a hockey puck with it. Im assuming the hockey puck is for helping with the spot lock and such. But as far as the built in transducer will it work with my Lowrance? My current motor has a Lowrance transducer strapped to the motor by the prop.

2. Member
    You will need an adapter for the built in transducer to work but it will. It will only be 2d sonar though so if you have down imaging on the trolling motor now I would put that transducer on the new trolling motor

3. Member
    Would a different brand of fish finder work with down imaging with the built in transducer?

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mctyndall View Post
    Would a different brand of fish finder work with down imaging with the built in transducer?
    the built in transducer is 2d sonar only.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mctyndall View Post
    so bought for first boat (used). It has Lowrance electronics. Specifically the hook series and has a hockey puck gps unit mounted on the back. I have a chance to get a min Kota Ultrex TM. It says it has a built in transducer, and it also has a hockey puck with it. Im assuming the hockey puck is for helping with the spot lock and such. But as far as the built in transducer will it work with my Lowrance? My current motor has a Lowrance transducer strapped to the motor by the prop.
    Was it working fine before and did you have a freeze in your area lately. If so you may just have to get a new cranking battery. sorry wrong post.