Another TR 21 question

Hey guys just looking for a little clarity and maybe some help!
    2001 tr 21, 05/225 optimax set at 2.5 running a 25 trophy. New plugs yesterday new plug wires. Just regular maintenance. 2 Guys 1/2 tank of fuel power poles. I’m getting 66.5mph @5700 RPM. Does this sound right? Should I go slightly higher on the JP. I was running a 26 trophy plus but had a terrible hole shot and was only hitting 5500rpm and getting 65mph. I guess my question would be do these numbers sound correct ? Or should I be seeing more MPH??

Cheers
    Ok..... 2 more casts and I'm outta here!!

2. Banned
    RPMs too low. Drop down to a 24P or 25P, maybe fury 3.

3. Member
    Currently running a 25p now

I would suggest going up a 1/4 inch but if you have a standard Optimax it might set off your rev limiter
    A standard Optimax has a rev limit of 5750

Part of your problem is that you have a slip percentage of 14
    It may be time for some prop work

My 03 TR21 had a standard Optimax 225
    PTP 2.25" 10 inch jack plate and would push a worked 25 Trophy to 5700 RPM and 72-73 MPH loaded

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

5. Member
    Key question....Can you control chine walk before it happens, or are you just driving to a point when chine walk won't happen?

If the boat cant chine walk, then you will go slow.

6. Member
    Chine walk is not a issue for me. Lots of time behind the wheel! I’m wondering if I raised the JP more should I try the 26 trophy + again. I don’t think I want to raise it with the 25 as I was hitting the limiter yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrap View Post
    Chine walk is not a issue for me. Lots of time behind the wheel! I’m wondering if I raised the JP more should I try the 26 trophy + again. I don’t think I want to raise it with the 25 as I was hitting the limiter yesterday.
    This is what I would do
    My Trophy was heavily worked and probably closer to 26p then 25 (it had been re-pitched some)

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

8. Member
    Power Poles are speed killers......are you giving the motor full trim at WOT? 25P is the correct prop WITHOUT power poles for a 225 HP.

9. Member
    100% full trim. no issues there, i'm wondering if i should try the 26p again and drop the JP to 3"

10. Member
    I don't think dropping the plate will help. The poles have already dropped the rear of the boat. Your RPM's are good, so if you go with a higher pitch you will just lug the motor.