Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Getting in contact with Wiedas. Only about 6 hours away

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    You can drive anywhere but the main thing to think about is local support for the motor....
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS. I drove five hundred miles and across an international border to bring home one of my Bass Cats to Canada. The local Mercury dealer was more than happy to take care of my motor.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    My Yamaha service guy is about 45 min then I also have 2 mercury dealers about 45 min as well. So that’s a toss up. I do trust the Yamaha guys as that is who has been servicing my SHO

4. Member
    I drove from Greenbrier tn to springfield la 1165 miles round trip to pick up my duck hunting boat.
    Left the house at 3:00am home by midnight.
    I bought my truck in Vernon tx that was a 2 day trip 1706 miles.

For the right deal I will drive just about anywhere to same money.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

5. Member
    If you are in PA you have several options not too far from you. Your Skeeter dealer should be Town Marine. I assume that is who you were referring to.
    In addition you have Robbins Marine in Milton PA. He will deal with you pretty honestly. He stocks Triton and Ranger fiberglass boats. They have at least one satellite location if I remember correctly.
    Robbins, Halls Marine and Highway Marine carry some nice large aluminum rigs like the Crestliner 1850 Bass, as well as Ranger and Triton's aluminum rigs.
    Reading Boat Works carries the really nice Lund boats. I sat in one of their new aluminum bass rigs. These are high hp rigs with lots of bells and whistles.
    Mare Marine near Fredrick MD can sell you a Ranger or Phoenix bass boat. So you have more options than you think. It takes a few minutes of research to find your options. As for me I have lived in PA and am friends and done business with 5 different PA dealers over the last 40 years, as well as several MD and VA dealers. I would run to TN or KY if the right boat was there and the deal was right.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Getting in contact with Wiedas. Only about 6 hours away
    Good call! I bought a used Skeeter from Richie 5 years ago and they have provided me great service. I travel 4hrs round trip to do business with them. My next boat purchase will be with Wiedas for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    So I’m starting to itch for a new boat. Not much as far as dealers around my area so I was pretty set that my next boat would be a skeeter since that’s the only dealer within 2 hrs and there’s a yami dealer only 45 min away. I don’t need a 20 ft plus boat so I looked into a zx225. Financing went through and was ready to go until I found out the one I chose “sold” overnight and skeeter was behind 6 months and he couldn’t order me a 2018 without charging me another 6500. So how far would you drive for your boat? I’m in no means brand loyal. I’ve had 3 different ones and they all have plus sides and negatives. My only requirement is 4 stroke. Would you give the skeeter guys a chance or drive elsewhere to get the service you should when spending that much on a boat. Other options I’ve looked at are the trx19 with mercury 4 stroke, the Phoenix 919 with new mercury 4 stroke. (All 3 around 50ish) Any others I need to go look over? And can anyone recommend a dealer in the NE region
    Why did he say it would be 6500 bucks more to order one? I know there are price increases when new model years come out but not 6500 bucks I wouldn't think. Sounds like he was hoping you wouldn't be willing to drive and would pay whatever. I would definitely make a trip to Weidas.

8. Member
    Been in contact with Wiedas. Just from phone calls I’ll be going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Ontario to Nashville.
    You pulled it back with your jet?

10. Hagen
    No he put it IN the jet!!
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12