driver seat adjustment 2014 z8

im short legged and need to get the drivers seat closer to the console
    any ideas would be appreciatded
    thanks

My z8 has a sliding hotfoot, does yours? If not or this isn't the issue but you want your left foot on the brace for rough water then a 3 options

1 it would be easiest to add to the brace for your left foot if you can reach the hotfoot, make a wooden box(or trapezoid if your skilled) and screw it in or have about any metal shop make you a diamond plate aluminum "c" shaped (trapezoid) and screw in- double as a second trash can if you leave it open on top, just make sure there is a gap on the bottom or a trim to protect carpet.

2 move the seat forward, first pull the seat base up to show you the hing/ mountings and remove, then open the starboard rear hatch lift the bin out, reach forward and remove the three nuts, washers and don't drop them. Now the seat is off,

2 continued, find something sturdy like 3/4" marine plywood, ( maybe a plastic cutting board if dealer strong enough) decide how far to more it forward, and cut it to be that much farther than the factory hing, re-install farctory hing to wood, screw from wood into seat plastic, then place the back rest behind the seat base and you should have the same measurement as you extended the base, make a box, install seat back to box, then the combination though the back deck again.

One or two could be done for 20$ or 3 - somewhere someone may have a sliding assembly/seat for 400$
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Thanks I do have a sliding hot foot I'll work on seat

4. Member
    You can always move the hotfoot no need to slide seat. That is all the dealer would do if it was to far from you.