Transducer short circuit detected

So I planned our crappie trip last night sitting outside using the unit in my carport..everything worked fine. Took my kids out this morning turned in the unit and automatically got this notifications?? It’s a cv52hwtm transducer and a striker plus 7sv data shared to a striker plus 4 at the console of our little crappie boat. On the same battery with the plus 4 ran flawless... turned it off checked connections sidevi was in the right place and right, downvu was in the right place tight, power was in the right place and tight. ?? The unit was bought March 2018 from basspro. I sent Garmin an email of what happen just now. I’m just wondering if anyone else had his happen?

I unplugged everything we fished and came home a few hours later and plugged everything back in and then took this picture of the same message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MybestfriendRockie; 06-09-2018 at 02:10 PM.

2. Member
    Also the transducer cable isn’t cut, frayed or exposed. It’s in great shape and beautiful. Battery terminals are tight. The temperature sensor doesn’t work on the Garmin Striker plus 7sv anymore could that be what’s causing the transducer short circuit detected message?

3. Member
    Incase this helps anyone in the future, I called Garmin they walked me through a few setting adjustments finally they sent me a RMA and will just swap out transducers. Will update as it comes in. Right now Garmin thinks it's the temperature sensor is faulty so it through a short circuit warning. We will see.

Hope this helps someone else.

4. Member

Garmin customer service was 100% top notch as always. It was a faulty temp sensor in the transducer they sent me a brand new one with mounts and hardware o ring the works! Took 6 business days from send off to a new one in my hands. Thanks to Anthony and John at Garmin Customer Service!
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Good deal ..
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I have the same error message on my 7sv striker but what’s weird is if I reverse the plugs the message goes away. The one plug has 2 dimples and the other just 1 dimple. If I plug the cables into the correct outlet I get the error message reverse them and it’s okay. Unit is brand new, just purchased yesterday

7. Member
    Hmmm sounds like you lucked out! Even though they sent me a brand new transducer it would have been nice if I’d just plugged em in wrong.

8. Member
    Haven’t tested it on the water so I’m keeping my fingers crossed