Linking units together to creat a network

I’m trying to put together what I’m going to need to complete a switch to Garmin. I’m going to have 4 units and I need 3 of them networked if at all possible. (All of them if its simple enough) One of the units at the console will be linked to at least one of the front units as well as being linked to the other unit at the console.

My system will consist of either 7612’s or 1242’s. Might use 10” units at the console but not sure. They’ll be 2 units at the bow and 2 at the console. One unit at the bow for Panoptix and the other for 2d sonar and mapping. At the console ill have one unit linked to one unit at the bow to share waypoints. Then ill need to link both console units together for depth and side scan structure waypoint marking.

Is it possible to in some way to daisy chain the units together with the network cables?

2. Member
    Piece of cake with the units you named. Each one has 2 network/Panoptix ports. You need one long network cable to get from the bow to the console. Then two short cables. One short cable to go from the uncabled unit to the cabled one. Same thing at the console. That leaves you a port at the console and a port at the bow. I'd recomment LiveScope or PS22 for the bow and PS30 on the transom to the one at the console. Now they are all full but everything will be shared everywhere.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response. I can’t wait to make the switch.