Nitro Z9 911 CDC question

Hello all. New to the forum here. Hoping to get some input on a boat I have in question. I currently have a 2012 Xpress XP180 with a 90 Yamaha fourstroke. Boat is the camo edition. It’s been a great boat and love it however the family is growing well has grown and is growing more and really need bigger. I have a guy wanting to trade me a 2008 Nitro Z9 911 CDC with a 250 Merc opti pro xs with about 100 or so hours on it. I have owned many boats and rode in a bunch as well. But never a nitro. Let alone this CDC concept. Boat appears to have been extremely well taken care of and very clean. Does anyone own or have owned one and can give me some input?
    Last edited by Rickybobby1; 06-09-2018 at 08:58 PM.

2. Member
    I had a buddy that worked at a Nitro dealer. The dealerships team boat was a 911. It had a 250XP on the back. Boy did it fly. I fished 2 tournaments out of it. It was a great layout. Plenty of room. The dual center console was a cool idea as well. I remember you sat up a little higher as well.

My advice to you is get the motor checked out at a dealer. If those hours are correct and the boat is in good shape, do it.
    Brad Krone

I looked for one for about 6 months. Never found one that was priced right and in good shape. I love the concept as well. One that I looked at with a Merc 225 would run right at 70. Just has some damage the guy wouldn't fix. If the motor checks out, go for it. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

4. Member
    I’ve always wanted one. I could never find one when I was buying though.
    Last edited by barbarian; 06-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.

5. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. My wife has always tried to steer me towards a center console boat. But I will not let her win that battle as I am a avid bass fisherman and will always have the bass boat setup. This concept is really a meet in the middle type of deal. Well sort of. Lol. Just was and am unsure of the boats performance and ride as I have never rode in one. Like I said boat is clean as can be. Hardly any scratches. Seats show very minor wear as well as carpet. I know there are plenty of mixed opinions on the Nitro boats. I’ve read a lot on hull issues which is my only concern as well as resale value in case it doesn’t work out. I also have a guy wanting to come buy it ASAP site unseen besides pics for $18,000 cash is something else I’m weighing out. Again thanks for the quick reply’s and please keep them coming. Thanks and God Bless!!

6. Member
    I have no idea what your Express is worth. However, if you are trading even, and you think that your Express is worth less than 18,000, then I would trade and then let the other guy have if for the 18 grand, and go and buy something newer with the 18k. Although I like that centre console Nitro, I would never go from a 2012 model to a 1998 model boat.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Sorry. Guy wants my Xpress for 18k. I know it’s an older model boat. But I think 18k is the most I could get for my Xpress. That’s a little less than the average retail value

8. Member
    No way I would trade for a boat 14 years older than my current boat, just doesn't make sense to me. Those CDC boats were a very neat design but weren't very well received by the general public which is why they were discontinued. I would put my effort into finding a larger and more current model dual console boat that will fit your families needs. Good luck in your search.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    No way I would trade for a boat 14 years older than my current boat, just doesn't make sense to me. Those CDC boats were a very neat design but weren't very well received by the general public which is why they were discontinued. I would put my effort into finding a larger and more current model dual console boat that will fit your families needs. Good luck in your search.
    The Z9 is an 2008 and mine is a 2012. Only four years difference. I thank you for your input. I have never seen one of these boats ever until a boat show couple months ago.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybobby1 View Post
    The Z9 is an 2008 and mine is a 2012. Only four years difference. I thank you for your input. I have never seen one of these boats ever until a boat show couple months ago.
    Your original post says the Nitro is a 98 model. You should edit it to avoid confusion.

11. Member
    Done. Sorry should have reread before posting a couple more times. Also it has a 250 opti rather than a 225

12. Member
    I have a friend that has a cdc nitro. I like it. 100 hours seems like it hasn’t been used much. 10hours a year. Do you know the reason?

I posted this in your Nitro thread too...

I owned the 911 CDC for nearly 10 years. ('06 model). I'm not really sure how long they were built, but I don't think they were around in 98. I bought it to replace my 25 year old Procraft 1750, for the same reasons...family (namely the kids) was getting bigger and I wanted a larger, more stable boat. I never regretted the decision, and neither did my three kids. It is by far the "driest" boat you'll drive due to the center console. 360 degree of fishing is not just a sales pitch....lots of room. Slight learning curve with going from a 150 HP to a 225 HP, dual axle trailer, and center driving steering wheel, but it was a great boat. I only traded it when the Z21s came out, because I got distracted by the shiny gel-coat and they offered me a good trade in. I would estimate I could hit around the same MPH, more or less, depending on how much fuel was in the boat (55 gal tank). In ten years my biggest "repair" was to a couple of the pumps for the livewells and the bilge pump. Serious pain in a$$ to get to the pumps but about like working on any other boat in that you have to remove batteries, or chargers, or both, oil reservoirs, etc. to get to them.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I loved my 911. It is the driest ride out there for obvious reasons and it was crazy fast and stable. In my experience the "360" fishing only hold true if you're by yourself. All the co anglers rods take up the starboard side essentially cutting that off. all moving around had to be done on the driver side. I'd love to have another one though!

15. Member
    I have a 2006 CDC 911 and love it - I bought it in 2010 with about 200 hours on it if you wanted some reference

he has a Z9 cdc, not a 911.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team